I got an offer from the principal of a CPS school on Monday. It was literally right after I finished my second interview. He told me that HR would be in touch with me to get the process rolling. I'm trying to get an offer letter or something from Human Resources ASAP, because I need to get an apartment in Chicago (just moved back to the area). The principal warned me that they may be a bit slow to act...I'm just wondering how slow. If I don't have the materials to get a place for August 1st, I'll have to wait until September 1st, which is after teachers go back to work (assuming no strike) and just a few days before students come to school...which is cutting it a lot closer than I'd like! I spent 40 minutes on the phone with CPS HR yesterday, and when I finally got a hold of someone, they told me I hit the wrong option and transferred me back to the switchboard. The principal is now on vacation, so I can't really get a hold of him...so any ideas on what to expect would be wonderful!