question for California teachers

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teacherfan, Jul 29, 2007.

1. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Jul 29, 2007

I have a couple questions regarding credentials.

I have a prelim MS and I want to know about adding a supplementary authorization. Is that the same as adding a single subject? If not, how would I add a supplementary? I know how to add a single subject.

Is participating in an induction program the only way I can clear my credential? My credential expires Jan 2011 so I would have to get a permanent job by the 2008/2009 school year to complete the two year induction program. I am slated to be a LTS this coming year and wanted to start BTSA but they would not let me because my long term will only be for half the school year (they said it would have to be at leats 75% of the year). I am more than willing to do the fifth year thing but do not know if this is still an option. When I look up my credential on the CCTC website it says I have to complete the induction program. What if I don't get a job:eek: ?

The CCTC website is a puzzle I have not been able to crack yet so I am hoping some wise teacher out there knows the answer!

3. ayotte04

ayotte04 Comrade

Jul 29, 2007

As for the rest of your questions...that's a bit over my head. And don't get me started on the CCTC and NESINC with the number of checks I have to write them for each credential (multiple subject, single subject english, single subject history) and standardized tests (CBEST, RICA, Multiple Subject CSETS, Single Subj CSETS)

No i'm not bitter at all! :mad:

4. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Jul 30, 2007

Thanks for your input. Anyone else have any ideas about this???

5. Heathermeister

Heathermeister Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

6. srh

srh Devotee

Jul 31, 2007

Actually, I think the "clearing" info above refers only to Ryan candidates ("old school" method). if you are a 2042 (I am--graduated credential program in 2005), you WILL have to go through an induction program. At least I think it's that simple, meaning there are so many exceptions to everything! The upside to the induction program is you clear your credential in two years. It's intense, but it's efficient! (Just fnished mine!)

And a note about the LTS. It makes sense that BTSA wouldn't approve starting without a minimum time commitment. It was hard enough to fit everything into a full school year...look at that as a good thing! Having a full year to complete Year 1 requirements will be much better for you!

7. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Jul 31, 2007

I'm not opposed to going through the induction program, I am just scared that I will not get a permanent job for the 2008/2009 school year. My credential expires Jan 2011 so I have to start the induction program next school year. What if I don't get a job? That is the info I have not been able to firgure out.

Thanks for the help!