question after first interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by inknot, Jul 11, 2013.

1. inknot

inknot New Member

Jul 11, 2013

I just FINALLY had my first interview tomorrow morning and the principal said I'd know by the end of the week, but I am unsure whether this means I'll know about a second interview or know about the job. She seemed like she wanted to fill the position quickly.

My main question is that it was a phone interview for a school several states away. At the end of the interview she asked if I was still in my state, and I said yes, but I am completely willing to relocate. I reiterated this in my thank-you note for the interview. Do you think it will hurt my chances because I'm in a different state? We seemed to get along very well and I really like the direction the school wants to take the music program. I guess what really hurts me is that this would be my first job.

I know I'm babbling, I'm just a little nervous! :unsure:

3. MsDouglas

MsDouglas Rookie

Jul 11, 2013

I'm not sure about the follow up but I think it says a lot that you stated your openness to moving. I moved 2 states for my first teaching job. Since it was late July when I interviewed, I had to travel for the interview. There are currently open positions which they are doing Skype interviews for this year. Good luck in your search.