Question about sending out cover letters and resumes

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by penguinpc, Apr 10, 2017.

1. penguinpc

penguinpc Comrade

Apr 10, 2017

I will be mailing several schools in several districts that as of yet have not posted jobs. I do not have time to physically deliver them. I also do not have time to compose letters tailored to each school.

Should I mail just resumes out? Or should I mail out a shorter letter to go with my resumes and then only mail my cover letters to schools that have posted positions? Should I mail out a cover letter I have written, but would be the same for every school?

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Apr 10, 2017

If you have specific skills, send the cover letter, stating your strengths and certifications. Check and see if the district accepts resumes to keep on file - many do not. Others only want documents submitted with an online application. It may be worth calling the districts in question to find out what works for them.

4. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Apr 11, 2017

You should take the time to address the letters to each school. It's already hard to get a teaching job, you want to impress them and stand out from the rest of teachers.

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 11, 2017

If need be, have a second, slightly amended cover letter that indicates your understanding there is not an anticipated opening at this time but you are hoping to be kept on file if one occurs.