Question About Laminating

Discussion in 'General Education' started by newteachfl, Aug 6, 2007.

1. newteachfl

newteachfl Companion

Aug 6, 2007

I'm planning on taking advantage of Office Max's free laminating. I've been making centers all week for my reading time, and I hope to get them all laminated for free! I just wanted to know, has anyone else done this? By the time I'm done, I'll have about 300 small index size little cards (for various games) and I feel a little bad about someone having to hand feed all of those into the machine....but at the same time, I'd love for them to last and not have to remake them all next year!

3. kiraj

kiraj Companion

Aug 6, 2007

What about doing 100 each over the next three weeks? Lots of trips for you, but it might make it easier on them. Or you could always ask them on Thursday about it and see what they say.

4. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 6, 2007

I was the first one to show up at my office max, I brought 60 posters, BIG posters, (well 30 were huge world maps for students to use at their desks) they asked if I had anymore! Trust me, they shouldn't mind. However be careful, some Office Max's are only letting you laminate once, so I would bring them all in and feel them out. If they tell you to come back again with more, well, you are golden.

Mine did, so I am taking travel brochures I got free from a travel agencies and turning them into posters, then I will laminate them all. Every time we move to a new region, boom a new travel poster......cool huh? Oh and National Geographic has this great issue on the Maya right now, WITH A FREE MAP! (you can tell I am a history teacher now right??? :eek:

Ask, but bring them all just in case

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  5. mrs. dub

mrs. dub Companion

Aug 6, 2007

Does anyone know if they get it done on the same day, or do you just put in your order on Thursday and they call and let you kow when it's ready?

Thanks!

6. kiraj

kiraj Companion

Aug 6, 2007

They will give you a pick up time, but they have up to 1 week according to the promo. Some got the same day, others after a couple of days.

7. Annie227

Annie227 Companion

Aug 6, 2007

They called me Saturday to say it was finished and I went and picked it up Sunday (since it's a 30 minute drive). I'm going back this week to drop off more. With the index cards - just remember you're going to be cutting them all out (they just feed it into one long sheet and cut at each end for you). BUT the paper cutter you find in the gift wrap section that's shaped like a pen works great!!! It worked so much better than scissors and once you get the hang of it you can keep it fairly straight.

8. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Aug 6, 2007

I took in a bunch of index card games that I'd made. I took them in Thursday afternoon, and they told me to come in next Thursday to pick them up. I got an email Saturday saying they were ready early, but I was out of town. I need to go get them and start cutting ;)

9. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Aug 6, 2007

I have a lot of stuff to bring in too and a lot of it is little. I don't mind cutting it all out myself (that's the only part of laminating that I actually enjoy!) but I feel a little bad asking them to do it all. My plan is to go in first thing in the morning, be as sweet as pie, tell them that I can wait all the way up until August 27th for it to be finished if necessary, and see what they will take from me. The worst that can happen is they say they will only do some, and then I'll have to do it myself. Something is better than nothing, though, right?

10. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Aug 6, 2007

Took all my file folders in last week. They did them all plus all the little stuff that goes with thm. I had a ton of other little stuff too. They did it all without blinking. I had to elave it for a couple fo days, but not a big deal. I am going back this week with just a few things compared to what I had last week.