Question about interviewing

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by MissaG, Dec 13, 2006.

1. MissaG

MissaG Companion

Dec 13, 2006

An opportunity has come up for a job in a different area that will keep me from driving 20 miles out of my way in the morning for my son's daycare. It will allow me to be closer to the daycare among many other reasons, including the fact that it is at a bigger school where I won't be the only teacher for my grade level and I can finally collaborate with people.

The only interviews I have been on have been immediately after student teaching, in which I took my portfolio that I created during ST.

My question is... do I update my portfolio with new artifacts and take it to the interview (only been teaching for 1 year), or just take my resume?

I really hope this all works out to take stress off in my personal life and professionally. I figure since they are wanting to interview me knowing that they will have to wait 30 days for me after an offer, they must be interested...so my fingers are crossed!

3. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Dec 13, 2006

I would update your portfolio with samples of lesson plans/units and classroom newsletters that you have done in the past year. Maybe include pictures of bulletin boards and pictures of how your current classroom is arranged. If needed, update your philosophies. Good Luck!

4. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2006

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE.....Student teaching is sooooo different from having your own classroom!!!! Admin. wants to see that you have had your own classroom and what you have done in it!!! UPDATE EVERYTHYING!!!! Good Luck!

5. awaxler

awaxler Comrade

Dec 14, 2006

Definitely Update! Along with what has already been suggested, I would also include examples of student work that go along with your lessons.

Samples of student work can be very powerful during an interview.

--Adam