Question...about email.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by acl1974, Aug 30, 2012.

1. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Aug 30, 2012

A job posting went up this afternoon and I immediately applied through Applitrack and sent an email to the principal. She responded a minute later. All she said was thank you, which I realize she was trying to be nice in replying. It's such a rare thing that it threw me off. Many principals never respond at all. I can't say "you're welcome," because that seems weird. Should I say the following or just leave it alone? I don't want to seem stalkerish........And, she obviously knows that I would want to answer anything so does it sound stupid?

Ms. ?????,
    Thank you for the response. If there's anyway I can answer any questions about my teaching skills, and what I can bring to the team at ????, please let me know.
    Sincerely,
    ?????

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Aug 30, 2012

I wouldn't contact again.

Once I did go back and forth with a principal including at least 5 emails between us. I didn't even get called for an interview for that one. It was an elementary school in a very nice district though so I'm sure they had their pick of candidates.

4. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Aug 30, 2012

Thank you so much. It was one of those situations where I wasn't quite sure the best action, but I think you're right. I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

5. SingBlueSilver

SingBlueSilver Companion

Aug 30, 2012

I would actually do the opposite and send it. I was called on a Saturday afternoon by the Principal about a position. During our phone convo, she said she'd contact me regarding an interview. Rather than waiting, I sent her an email saying how I appreciated the call and was a bit forward saying that I looked forward to hearing from her to schedule an interview and that if she had an questions to contact me. She emailed back with a date and time. I've worked for her for 3 years now. In this job market, it's not not a terrible idea to be a little more aggressive than you might have been about a job in years past. Your email doesn't come off as being too forward, and its short enough to keep attention. I think its important to put your name in front of the principal as much as you can without being annoying about it.