Question about creative writing prompts

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teacher_cc, Jul 30, 2008.

1. teacher_cc

teacher_cc Rookie

Jul 30, 2008

During my student teaching my mentor had the students complete a creative writing prompt as their transition from math into recess. The students wrote their prompts in journals and had a chance to share. My mentor had found some educational website w/ a writing prompt for each day of the month on a calendar.

I tried emailing her, but cannot get ahold of her. Does anyone use or know of a website that has monthly writing prompts on a calendar template??? More specifically 3rd grade. I'm like pullin my hair out trying to remember the website, but it was toooo long ago :(

3. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Jul 30, 2008

I don't know of a website, but I've used two different books that had daily or monthly writing prompts. Unfortunately, I don't have them handy at the moment.

4. LinzerCastle

LinzerCastle Rookie

Jul 30, 2008

I am currently in the process of making daily writing prompts for my fourth grade class.

I am using www.teacherscorner.com. They have journal prompts for each day of the month. However, they are not on a calendar template. Each prompt has its own page. I am tweaking them for fourth graders and also adding updated clipart.

It's worth a look!

5. teacher_cc

teacher_cc Rookie

Jul 31, 2008

yeah, i feel silly for not remembering the website. I was thinking about buying a writing prompt book from amazon, but I know I could probably find some on different websites.

6. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2008

That's not a working link -- the domain is for sale. Do you know the correct URL? I'd love to get a copy of the prompts. Thanks!

7. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

8. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 31, 2008