Question about contracts...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Green_eyed_gal, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Green_eyed_gal

Green_eyed_gal Comrade

Dec 23, 2008

I have a friend going through a rough time her first year and I have a feeling they won't be renewing her contract. If they don't renew her contract at one school does that mean she won't be able to work at any other schools in the district?

The issues she's having involve personality conflicts and a couple errors in judgement... She's seems to be doing ok with the teaching part.

Is she doomed??

3. Miss Bliss

Miss Bliss Companion

Dec 23, 2008

It may depend on the rules in her district. Also, it depends on what happened during her first year of teaching that caused her not to have her contract renewed. Honestly, I think that principals in the same district know each other well and talk. If her current principal didn't particularly see her fit, I'm sure that information could be shared with other principals in the district. Could she make an anonymous call to the district and ask about the possibility of being hired at another school?

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 23, 2008

Principals in districts talk so if her principal is having a problem with her, s/he could be sharing that with other principals. Also, I don't think that the district could re-hire her if her contract was not renewed at one school, even if she were trying to get hired at another school. Maybe she could put in for a transfer when that time comes?

5. brandi0718

brandi0718 Comrade

Dec 23, 2008

i had a friend that was no renewed and she could not get a job in the same district, however, she did get another teaching job in another district...she was very worried she wouldnt get a job.

6. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Dec 23, 2008

One of our first-year teachers was not renewed last year and got a job at one of the other high schools in our district, so I guess it just depends.

7. maroki

maroki Comrade

Dec 23, 2008

I think it depends on her district. In my district, we sign contracts with the district, not with the individual schools. So if my contract wasn't renewed next year, I wouldn't be able to work at any school in the district.

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 23, 2008

I would say no chance in the same district...doesn't mean she can't go elsewhere though...