Question about applying to jobs belonging to Region 10 and Region 11 in Texas.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by RobertTexasMath, Mar 30, 2013.

1. RobertTexasMath

RobertTexasMath Rookie

Mar 30, 2013

Hello

Many districts in North Texas require applicants to apply through either Region 10's or Region 11's website. I am interested in multiple districts.
    What should I do about a cover letter? There is an option to upload it on both websites. It is hard to make it personal when several schools may be looking at the same uploaded copy.

Has anyone applied to a Region 10 or 11 district and been hired? How did you handle it?

Thank you,

3. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

Apr 1, 2013

I haven't applied through Regions 10 or 11, but I have applied to 2 other different regions. They're practically the same. What I did was not really make a reference to the particular school district, instead saying "your district". I don't know if that would help. I've thought about rewriting the letter to something a little more to my strengths, not even mentioning a district...but I'm not totally sure yet what I'm going to write.

4. kevmic28

kevmic28 Companion

Apr 2, 2013

I never posted a cover letter on mine. Usually when I apply for a job through the site in the fine print on the job listing it says to email the principal your resume and cover letter. So far the email is how I have been contacted for interviews. Nothing directly from the site.