Question about Aesop page loading

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by oldstudent, Jan 14, 2013.

1. oldstudent

oldstudent Comrade

Jan 14, 2013

Last week, I was on Aesop after 9AM when I was somewhat surprised when the "Available 0" turned to "1" before my eyes.

I clicked on the job immediately, and the job box page appeared immediately as well.

The job box page then disappeared in the blink of an eye, however, so I did not have a chance to press accept.

The page then reloaded for about six seconds and returned, after which I clicked on the accept button, but the job was already gone.

I do have an old computer and am on dial up.

Does the job page disappear and reload for everyone, meaning it is an Aesop issue, or is my computer the issue?

3. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Companion

Jan 15, 2013

The "Available 0" could not turn to "1" before your eyes on Aesop unless you refresh it or you are running Check for Change, which refreshes the Aesop screen. This would happen with Jobulator since it refreshes itself.

If the job page does not reload, you wil never see a new job. Aesop will enventually time out and you will have to reenter your ID and pin.

4. MrsPoppy

MrsPoppy Rookie

Jan 23, 2013

The only thing I can think is that you MUST have some sort of auto-refresh activated in your browser. However, the jobs are picked up super-quickly, so I frequently see a job posting that says it is no longer available when I click the accept button. Your dial-up will contribute to you having trouble accepting it before someone else does.