QUESTION ABOUT AAA(American Auto Assoc.)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Grammy Teacher, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 22, 2006

Do any of you have AAA? Do you think it's a good thing???

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 22, 2006

I have always had it, and I've used it on many an occasion. It pays for itself . I say don't be without it.

4. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 22, 2006

Thanks, Frizz...I am working on bills and have always paid it for our son who lives in a rather large city. The first year he moved there, his car broke down right downtown and it was a nightmare. He didn't even have a cell phone at that time and went into a business to call someone to tow it and when he got back, it had been towed and impounded!!!! It became so expensive. Anyway, he now has a cell phone and AAA! Thanks for replying.

5. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 22, 2006

It's so funny Grammy, I always think , Why should I spend that money? But with my luck, if I didn't that would be the year all hell would break lose with my car.:D

6. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2006

I have it ..it is great! The really great thing about it is that it does not even have to be your car...as long as you are there and with the driver of the car you can use it! A friend was driving once and we got a flat....I called AAA and she was able to have someone come and fix her car for her.
    It is not very expensive...I would get it for sure!

7. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 22, 2006

I think it's worth it just for the security. I haven't needed it myself, but my family has on multiple occasions.

It also gets you discounts at hotels, tire places, etc. lots of times. :)

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 23, 2006

I have used mine every year and have had coverage for about 15 years now. I wouldn't be without it. One thing, though. There are other plans out there - like Mobil, etc. - and they all seem to have the same local gas stations and tow companies enrolled in their programs. I just stick with AAA anyway. You can add members to a basic policy for lower rates than a full membership, too.

9. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 23, 2006

I've never had it........luckily so far I've never had a need for it, either. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself now!:eek:

10. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Oct 23, 2006

I don't have it, but my fiance does, we've had to have my car towed 2 times in the past month because my car is falling apart, so I will DEFINETLY be getting it.

11. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 23, 2006

My insurance covers towing fees.

12. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Oct 23, 2006

I have AAA, but have not used it for the car. HOWEVER, at lenscrafters (which is where we go for glasses) you get one third off of your bill if you have AAA! Now lets see... my AAA costs next to nothing, and my last pair of glasses cost over $350 multiplied times 3 family members... it is bargain to pay for the AAA to get the 1/3 off my eye glasses!

13. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 23, 2006

I've had it for a long time, and I get lots of use from it. It's amazing how many places give AAA discounts! I've had my car towed once, and DH's towed twice. They've also been great at "finding" us when we're lost when travelling.

14. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Oct 23, 2006

I've had it since I've been driving, and it's been a lifesaver! I've had my car towed, other people's cars towed, my car unlocked for me, a car key made for a friend who lost his, jumps, etc. I will always have it!

15. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Oct 23, 2006

I've never had it, but can't tell you how many times I've said that I should get it! I would have definitely gotten my use out of it by now. My fiance does not have it either, but has called a friend of ours at least 4 or 5 times within the past few years to use his AAA card to get towed.

16. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 23, 2006

Have it, love it. My husband commutes 1 hour each way everyday, my son is in college 3 hours away, I've used it for a battery jump once or twice...plus towing.....Totally worth every penny. Plus they have great travel planning services: They will map out your trip for you, give you guide books for the trip.....:D

17. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2006

Oh yeah, czacza, those books are great....you can also pick up travle guides at the AAA offices....they are free and great for planning trips....to places in the USA and international!