question about a bad temper in a child

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Myname, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Myname

Myname Comrade

Dec 5, 2006

I know that we all have different temperments and we are not all set off by the same things. However in a small child age 4 or 5 is it OK that this child flys off the handle at peers and teachers?

My director told me that for some people that is normal. I think there may be a problem there. I could be wrong.

3. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Dec 5, 2006

I'm neutral. Yes, some people have bad temperments and that is their personality, but I also think our environment has a lot to do with our temperments as well...meaning home life, discipline, routines, other people around us, etc. We react off of other people's actions and if children are taught that acting that way is ok, they will continue to do so. So, I guess it depends on each person/child. My son is 4, and for some reason he is going through a temperment stage where he gets very easily frustrated when something doesn't go his way. He is like that naturally sometimes, but his environment (with my daycare in my home) has been stressfull lately as well so I am having to make some changes and some more redirecting/discipline as well.

Not sure if that helps, but I think it can be a combination of both and sometimes one or the other. Every situation is different.