Quality mult-media paper??

Discussion in 'Art Teachers' started by artista24, Aug 20, 2014.

1. artista24

artista24 New Member

Aug 20, 2014

Hello,
    I am a third year art teacher and I am looking for some advice on where to buy quality drawing paper. I am looking for a type of paper that is thick enough to use with water colors (washes as well) and also tempera paints.

Previously I had been buying a quality paper that worked well from my supplier...however this company has recently changed the manufacturer that they buy from and this year the paper I received though it has the same catalog number...is not the same quality. They have agreed to send replacement from anther manufacturer, but I am still skeptical and likely won't buy from them again next year.

Thoughts? Do you know of a reliable place to get this kind of paper? I am not looking for actual 'watercolor' paper since buy this in bulk and that would get expensive. This paper is what I use for most of my elementary projects.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

3. teachart

teachart Comrade

Aug 20, 2014

Honestly, I use 80# white sulphite drawing paper from Blick. It wrinkles a bit, but I flatten paintings under large books or bins and it does the trick.