Quality Classroom Rug?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cml88, Jul 28, 2013.

1. cml88

cml88 Companion

Jul 28, 2013

I'm applying for a grant to hopefully get money for a classroom rug (fingers crossed!). I was wondering if anyone could recommend the website they or their school used to order rugs for the school. I'm familiar with many of the sites (e.g. lakeshore, discountschoolsupply), but was just interested in knowing where you bought a rug. It's a big purchase, so I want to make sure I get a good one if I have the opportunity. Thanks!

3. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Jul 28, 2013

We buy ours from Lakeshore. I'm getting one this fall and I'm SO excited!

4. starbucks

starbucks Comrade

Jul 28, 2013

I got mine from Lakeshore. Great quality!

Back when I first started teaching I inherited a round rug. It was only 3 years old, but already was falling apart. The binding was coming loose and it was starting to fray. The district sent it off to get repaired, but the man that fixed it told me that round rugs never last as long as rectangle or square rugs. It lasted a few more years, but when it started to fray again the school let me get a new rectangle rug. I love it and haven't had any problems.

I hope you get your new rug.

5. Ponypal

Ponypal Comrade

Aug 8, 2013

In June I just tossed out a classroom rug that lasted for 11 years. It came from School Specialty. It took 11 years of beating and it held up well. I purchased a 10x12 sized rug with my own money, about $50, from Wal-Mart last Sept. and I was happy with it. I need to get a second one. It was alot easier paying for it than going through the red tape of baloney with administration in my district.

6. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Aug 17, 2013

Lakeshore!!!! Mine is at least 10 years old and still looks good!:)