push pin project

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by diggerdeb, Aug 25, 2007.

1. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Aug 25, 2007

I have a question about the push pin project. I know it is a Montessori activity that sounds great for my 4 yr. olds that have fine motor difficulties.

Do you start with a large shape or small one?
    Is the shape a full piece of a paper?

How do you get the child to put the holes close enough together that it pokes out?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 25, 2007

4. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Aug 25, 2007

I start with a large push pin and my shapes are usually on a 1/2 sheet of construction paper. I move to a smaller push pin as the year goes on.

5. 2ndTimeArnd

2ndTimeArnd Companion

Aug 25, 2007

I use this occasionally as a different way to practice spelling words ... we call it "Poky Words" and do it on a half-sheet of black or dark blue construction paper. The kids write their words with a yellow or black crayon, then move to the carpet, lay their paper down and push-pin the letters. They love to hold their paper up to the light and be able to see the words outlined in little holes.

6. FirstABC's

FirstABC's New Member

Sep 13, 2007

Teacher's Bag of Tricks by Greg Nelson

Hello, everyone!

I need help on how to purchase the book, "Teacher's Bag of Tricks by Greg Nelson". I know you have to send orders and check payments directly to Greg Nelson in Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, MA 02325.

For teacher/directress who already has this helpful book , I have some questions:
    1. Does anyone know Greg Nelson's contact number or e-mail?
    2. Is the price still the same, $20.00 and $1.50 S/H or are there additional charges?
    3. How long is the delivery of the book?
    4. How would you know that they have received your check payment? Is there a delivery confirmation or tracking number that they would send to you?
    5. What's the guarantee that you will get the book?
    6. Do they sell this in a bookstore instead?

I'm really eager to buy this book, however, I need assurance that it is really a secure and authentic way of purchasing the book.

I would really appreciate any help on this matter ASAP!
    thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

7. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Sep 13, 2007

I ordered from Greg Nelson. I didn't have any problems receiving the book. This is the best book that I recommend for the Montessori directress. My administrator ordered books for our entire staff after I showed her my book.