Publix's Little Clinic....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Chrissteeena, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Jan 26, 2010

is awesome! :D I have been sick since Thursday. Haven't been able to keep food down, and when I did I just felt sick to my stomach for hours after. I started to feel a little better over the weekend-- or so I thought. Then yesterday it started getting worse again. I was up at 3am this morning and ended up calling out of work. I dont have health insurance, and the Dr.'s walk in clinic is just too much w/o insurance $250-$300. So I went to the Little Clinic inside the Publix supermarket. I thought it was weird that it's in a supermarket but whatever... an initial visit is only $69 and tests are more. I told the dr. what I had to tell her and she did that routine check up..... she said my ears were filled with fluid and my throat was red, puffy and well just 'nasty'. She did a strep test (for free!) on a hunch because she said she had seen a lot of people lately with strep. It turned out to be positive. I wouldn't have even thought of it... my ears or throat didn't hurt at all. And the fact that she saved me $30 on a test that took no more than 5 minutes was awesome. For non- emergencies I would def. go back to this place. With or w/o health insurance. :D

Now off to eat some lunch and take my medicine and I guess take a nap (or watch tv :))

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2010

I Went to the one in Walgreen's and it wasn't bad. It took FOREVER but then I realized thats\'s because it was one doctor working by herself and doing what a receptionist, nurse, and doctor would do. But if you kind of know what is wrong (I had a sinus infection and was sure of it) it's not bad. Plus at Walgreens she could put the script right in and it was ready faster.

4. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Jan 26, 2010

I hope they get them up here in Gville. I love Publix. best store round here.

5. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Jan 26, 2010

I love Publix =) I actually went to sweet bay a few weeks ago and wished I didn't =(

It took like 45 minutes in there. I guess it is kind of like the one at Walgreens. One lady doing everything on her own. She also got a call to check medicine and stuff while I was there. When she printed the prescriptions she told me that one of them I can get anywhere, but the other two would be cheaper through publix... and the amoxicillin was free through their pharmacy. I only spent $17 on the medicine

6. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jan 26, 2010

I'm going to miss Publix. :( They're the greatest store ever.

7. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jan 27, 2010

I've been to the one in the Walgreen's. I got hit with a nasty sinus infection one weekend and went on a sunday morning. I'd go back for something similiar again.

8. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jan 27, 2010

I like the clinic in Publix too. It was great to go to close by during my break at school.

9. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Jan 27, 2010

Forgive me, but what type of store is a Publix? Is it like a Super Walmart?

10. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jan 27, 2010

It's a grocery store.

11. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jan 27, 2010

They have the best pre-cut fruit bowls. MUCH better than Kroger.

12. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jan 27, 2010

Best. Grocery store. Ever. :)

13. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Jan 28, 2010

Publix began in Florida and has moved alittle further north, but I think it still only in the south. I LOVE Publix. The cleanest grocery stores you will ever go to.

14. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Jan 28, 2010

They are an awesome store. Def. the cleanest grocery store I've ever been into. Everyone is also extremely helpful. And, if I go food shopping around lunch time, and get cold cuts... the amount of sample slices I get is like 2-3-- it's like I've eaten lunch by the time I am done haha.