Publishing Student books

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Rosieo, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Dec 21, 2006

I was just wondering if anyone has used this or any other company like it.

www.Studentreasures.com

They will publish a class book for you and then offer it to the parents for a reasonable price.

3. teach 4th

teach 4th Rookie

Dec 21, 2006

My school is using it. I don't have an opinion yet.

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Dec 21, 2006

We actually did this in college two years ago. An absolute treasure to the students, parents, and certainly teachers. I am doing this February.

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Dec 22, 2006

I'm not sure what company my school was using, but it was a rip-off for the lower grades so we didn't do it. The third through sixth graders received a free book and the parents had an option to buy another copy. The lower grades were not given a free book, and were only given the choice to buy a class book with everyone's stories and this book was quite a bit more expensive than the upper grades' individual books. If we all had had the same deal, it would have been wonderful.

6. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Dec 22, 2006

Yes, I'll publish my own. My school has a color printer... I'll print and laminate the cover, and voila, a very cheap book that will look good and last forever! :)

7. daisyduck123

daisyduck123 Companion

Dec 22, 2006

My whole school did the Student Treasures books last year. In 1st & 2nd grades, each class did a class book...with each student contributing 1 page. In grades 3-5, each student wrote his own book.

They came out beautiful but were a PAIN to do!! Last month, at a staff meeting, our reading teacher asked us if we want to do them again this year. We all said, "No!" I suggested that it might be a good thing to do every 5 years or so....that the parents don't need/want to have a book every year anyway.