publishing ideas

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by lsc, Aug 6, 2005.

1. lsc

lsc Rookie

Aug 6, 2005

Does anyone know how to go about publishing ideas? I am currently going for my Master's in elementary ed. A co-worker of mine said she heard that you can get some ideas that you use in the classroom published and this ads "points" towards your Masters as well as looking good for your school/resume. However, I have no idea how to go about doing this?
    Thanks Lynn

3. Veteran Teacher

Veteran Teacher Rookie

Aug 6, 2005

I know that Mailbox magazine has an area where you can send in your ideas and they may be published. I don't know if that's what you are looking for, but it might be something to look into.

4. shrinkingviolet

shrinkingviolet Rookie

Aug 6, 2005

There are also lots of online Teacher sites (scholastic, etc) that feature articles. Maybe you could look there to see about publishing requirements. Also, if you wanted to do Action Research for your classroom and get a grant to do it, there are publishing opportunities to be had there. (At least that is whar our graduate professors always told us. :) ) I would definitely look at Education related journals though, and see what their publishing requirements are. Hope this helps.