Prschool Graduation

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by dshlent, Mar 23, 2010.

1. dshlent

dshlent New Member

Mar 23, 2010

I am needing some ideas for a preschool graduation.... How do you do your graduations.... Please Help....

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Mar 23, 2010

There was a thread on this a while back. Maybe you could check that out.

4. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Mar 25, 2010

Last year was my first time doing it. We sang about 5-6 songs that the students and I picked out. I gave a little speech. I handed out dipolmas and certifications to each student (for best whatever and etc). Then we had juice and a treat afterwards. I'll be doing the same this year probably.

5. pabef

pabef Comrade

Mar 31, 2010

My parents expect a big program. However, I decided this year to simplify. I did have parents who wanted cap and gown, but I think this is crazy considering the expense and that some parents can't afford it. We are acting out a day in our preschool with students playing the parts of staff. Not very many lines but lots of cute songs about nap, lunch, music, etc. It is really funny seeing how the kids view the staff and act it out. I do a slide show of pics from all classes and we hand out diplomas.

6. K3 teacher

K3 teacher Companion

Mar 31, 2010

our K4 program does "Don't Let the K4 Kids Drive the Bus" - a take off of the pigeon book. It is really cute. The teacher drives one of those collapsable buses onto the stage and talks to the audience like the man in the book. Then, each student comes to the microphone to tell what they would do if the audience let's them drive the bus - I'll clean up my room, pleeeeease, I'll mop the floors pleeeeease, I'll change diapers, pleeeeese. EAch time the audience shouts "NO!". Then they sing 1-2 favorite songs from the year and hand out diplomas and gifts. Along the walls they blow up pictures of the kids with their pleading faces and the kids write in a speech bubble what they said on stage.

Super Cute! And it is the program the parents want but not alot of work for the teacher as far as preparing the program. The kids come up with their line during the writing activity.

7. japanesemacaque

japanesemacaque Rookie

Apr 3, 2010

I've done a few different things, but one staple is a slideshow of activities from throughout the year, set to sentimental but not sappy music (The Beatles "In My Life" is always a hit).

If you're short on pictures, a video slideshow can also be effective. Windows Movie Maker is easy to use and if the clips are short, it shouldn't take long to make. We did this last year, and all I did was ask the kids what their favorite part of preschool was, taped their answers with my digital camera, and uploaded the clips on my computer. The parents loved it and the kids got a kick out of seeing themselves "on TV".

Afterwards, we always have a potluck lunch and social time.