Promethian Board

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by mrsc_teaches, Aug 27, 2009.

1. mrsc_teaches

mrsc_teaches Companion

Aug 27, 2009

So we had a Kindergarten Techer from another building come in December of last year and show off Promethian Boards. We had some in the school already but not a very good training. He was fabulous, showed us amazing things with this technology.

So afterward, I went directly to the P's office and said what she already knew, he was a K teacher and had a P. Board. I wanted one for each team member. She said yes but i didnt quite believe her.

Imagine my surprise Monday morning when the were there on the wall. YES THEY WERE!!! I tried mine out Wednesday and it works!!

I am so pumped, I have a ton of ideas and many many flipcharts already.
    This will be a great year, I know it.

3. mom2sands

mom2sands Comrade

Aug 28, 2009

All of our classrooms got them this year. We knew they had been delivered, but had our doubts that they'd be up and running. We had a limited training session.

Do you use promethian planet? I've looked around there, but I haven't actually used the one in my room yet. We go in next week to set up our classrooms. I can't wait to "play" with it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. TIA!:thanks:

4. mdith4him

mdith4him Companion

Aug 29, 2009

They are so fun! And the kids love using them, too. Play around with it a lot and see if you can get someone in there to do a more extensive training. You're really not getting your money's worth if you only use the very basic functions. Have fun :)

5. TeaRoses4M&D

TeaRoses4M&D Rookie

Aug 30, 2009

That is great, what an awesome surprise! How nice of your principal!