Promethean Board/ActivInspire Help!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Rebecca1122, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Rebecca1122

Rebecca1122 Comrade

Aug 4, 2013

I moved to a new school who has Promethean boards. I have been using a Smartboard for the past two years so I am trying to adjust. I made a flip chart for my lunch count as I used to have in Smart notebook. The problem is, when my students go to move their names, it is extremely difficult for them to drag them around without the 'editing' box coming up and different things happening. In Smart notebook, you could lock objects with the ability to move so they could easily be moved around the screen. Can you do this is ActviInspire?? I have been googling and found how to lock objects, but not get them to move as well. :unsure:

3. SportsFanTr

SportsFanTr Companion

Aug 4, 2013

I too switched from Smart to Promethean last year. The only help I can maybe think of, is there is design mode and well non-design mode (normal mode I guess?). Try making sure you're in the normal mode or else it's really easy to get those boxes and such. I know on mine there's a blue box up in the top right corner if it's normal, and an orange box if I'm in design mode.

4. Sm2teach

Sm2teach Companion

Aug 4, 2013

Yes, you can turn off design mode. Also, if you right click on an object, or use the button on the pen, you can lock an object. I often will lock boxes and backgrounds down.