Project

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by LaTasha, Oct 25, 2008.

1. LaTasha

LaTasha New Member

Oct 25, 2008

This weekend my daughter has a family project to do. She has a paper turkey that she must first cut out and disguise the turkey to a different animal or character. I may use any items in the house.
    I am not creative at all the turkey can be a

sheep,cat,princess,superman,etc. my daugther want to disguise the turkey as a BEE! I dont just want her to color it black and yellow. What must I do?

3. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Oct 25, 2008

Do you have felt that you use for felt boards in your classroom? Do you have potpurri in your house somewhere that you could use? Do you have feed corn that you are using to feed squirrels (or other animals), combined with black sunflower seeds that seems like it would work well. Pipe cleaners? Pasta and food coloring?

The list goes on......

4. firstgradeteach

firstgradeteach Comrade

Oct 25, 2008

We do this! Last year a student dressed theirs up as a politician! LOL that was the funniest one that I have seen!

I agree with felt or even yellow cereal or construction paper. You can just cut out stripes and glue them on.

I usually dress mine up as a bunny. I just cut out ears, use cotton balls and tape a little nose over the beak. I don't cover much of it so you can tell that it is in "hiding".

You will have fun with this! :)

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 25, 2008

Or yellow and black feathers.

6. wikteacher

wikteacher Rookie

Oct 26, 2008

I do this activity, too! I get back some REALLY creative ideas. I've had aliens, rock stars, deer, football players, Santa, etc. etc. The kids (and me!) love to see what everyone comes up with!

Anyway, to answer your question - I second the idea of using construction paper, felt, pipe cleaners, pasta, etc. could be used to make a bumble bee. You could shape the wings/antenna/legs/stinger out of the pipe cleaners and use one ore more of the other materials to make the stripes.

Good luck and have fun! :)