Project Runway

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Weazy, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 10, 2009

I just saw a commercial saying that PR will be on this summer on Lifetime! Heidi and Tim Gunn were both on the commercial! No date was given--I have missed PR--I wonder if it will be the same since it is on a different network.

3. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Apr 10, 2009

oh good!

A new show The Fashion Show (i think) is going to be on Bravo, should be good too!

4. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Apr 10, 2009

I hope I get PR in Canada. I love PR Canada - its on right now - Final 3 show their collections next week!

5. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 10, 2009

Is it the same as the American PR? I have missed PR! I hope that it is the same format once it is on Lifetime.

6. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 10, 2009

I've seen a few commercials--when does it start?

7. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Apr 11, 2009

Good! Good! Good!

8. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Apr 11, 2009

The Fashion Show sounds interesting. Any idea when it will start? And I love PR, can't wait to watch it again!

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 11, 2009

I can't wait, either. I don't care what station it's on. I've seen commercials for the other show, but without Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn, I don't see how it can compare.

10. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Apr 11, 2009

11. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Apr 11, 2009

I saw the reruns of the last season's episode. I can't wait for summer to arrive.

12. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Apr 17, 2009

I just wanted to update you Project Runway fans. I was just at a meeting at my work and they told us that Project Runway will show on Lifetime (I know some people were wondering) in a few months, I can't remember the exact month they said.

They also told us they will be taking turns with Parsons college (which I believe is a fashion school in NYC) and FIDM by filming every other season at each location. And from what we've heard, they've signed up for several more seasons.

13. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Apr 17, 2009

PR Canada is for Canadians lol, its AMAZING and the best designer totally won. It has the same format as PR does though, different cast though.

14. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Apr 17, 2009

My daughter met Tim Gunn on Wednesday as he was speaking at her college and hosting a fashion show.

He spoke to her and signed his book for her. She said he was SO nice! the handlers said...no pictures, and he must leave at 10pm. He came out and walked at down the line and said...I'm not going anywhere, I'll meet with everyone. He was there until midnight.."SURE, let's take a picture!!!"

He said that he wasn't sure HOW BIG his job was actually going to be until he saw the premiere.

When they hired him they simply wanted him there so that the contestants didn't sit there quietly working. He was to get them to talk. So other than THAT, he thought his job was miniscule. He told that he didn't attend the premiere of the show's first season..because he thought he would hardly be IN the show and people would say... "WHY are YOU here?" So he watched the premiere alone in his bed--pearing out from behind the covers waiting to be embarrassed. He said, "Can you imagine. Here I'm a 50 year old man hiding from himself on tv. I was SO sure i would be dying of embarrassment. the series has happily surprised me."

He also told a story that Diane Von Furstenberg - along with many other designers didn't want to TOUCH the series the first season. EVERYONE thought it would be a terrible flop! Then after it started airing and doing quite well...he got a call from Von Furstenberg saying... "why didn't you TELL me about this gem? Of COURSE I want to be part of it!!"

My daughter said the evening was wonderful!

(She had bought me a ticket- but our dog was home the first night after surgery. I couldn't travel and leave her home alone.)

15. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Apr 17, 2009

Both my husband and I are mesmerized by Tim Gunn. So good to read that he is true.