Project Runway

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ChristyF, Oct 27, 2011.

1. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Oct 27, 2011

I don't want to give away the winner, because I know some haven't seen the finale yet. But ----do any of you watch it? What did you think? Never in a million years did think the ending would be that!

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Oct 27, 2011

Couldn't watch tonight :( but plan on watching tomorrow

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show and based on your post, I think I am going to be sad . . . .

4. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Oct 27, 2011

I loved the outcome! Liked that designer from the beginning.

5. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Oct 28, 2011

I think you could tell the judges liked the designer from the beginning. I wanted someone else to win though.

6. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Oct 28, 2011

My favorite definitely won, but based just on collection, I don't know that they made the right choice.

7. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Oct 28, 2011

I don't know ... Heidi was the only one that thought she deserved to be on the show.

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 28, 2011

I am happy with the ending. It was a great exciting season.

9. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Oct 28, 2011

I was definitely rooting for her the whole time, I just never imagined it would have been her. I really liked the way they seemed to really pull together at the end.

10. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 28, 2011

I kinda was cheering for the other female. I did not want one particular young man to win...he needs to grow up!

11. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Oct 29, 2011

Love that show and enjoyed this season. I agreed with the judges decision.

12. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Oct 29, 2011

I love her collection and designs but I can't get over the fact that she is not good at sewing.

13. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Oct 29, 2011

True Marci, but with her winnings she can now focus on the designing and have someone else do the sewing for her. I'm thinking that's what the judges decided too, that she won on her design skills.

14. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Oct 29, 2011

That's what I thought. She must be brilliantly talented that she was able to create beautiful pieces with limited sewing skills. At the same time it seems to undermind the sewing skills and beautiful craft of those designers who use their sewing skills to enhance their designs.

At the end, it's about designing and the sewing skills can enhance and or limit but her lack of skills didn't limit her.

15. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Oct 29, 2011

I really enjoyed this season, but I'm definitely looking forward to all-stars! All those personalities together....will be quite a show!

16. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Oct 29, 2011

THERE IS AN ALL-STAR SHOW???!!!! WHEN :woot: :woot: :woot:

I finished watching last night and I was disappointed . . . I really thought Victor should have won.

17. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Oct 29, 2011

When they did the three piece collection I liked Victor the best, and I had thought as of a few weeks ago that he would have won. But all that black in his final collection just didn't appeal to me.

And I had no idea there is an all star show planned! How cool!

18. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Oct 29, 2011

I think I was disappointed because I honestly thought Anya's collection was really just a bunch of dresses . . . nothing else . . . . just dresses . . .

I have my own little system that I use to judge the finale. I count how many of outfits I would wear or would wear if I was still twenty something :) I only had two of Anya's and they were the short dresses. I was just surprised because so many of their critiques of previous designers, even in this current season, was "we've seen that before from you." Anyway, I'll bet we here more from Victor in the future than we do Anya ;)

Also, did any of you notice that all of the final designers had lost a very close family member . . . Kim, her mom and sister, Josh, his mom, Victor and Anya, a brother . . . .

19. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Oct 29, 2011

20. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Oct 29, 2011

Just finished watching the finale. Personally, I also wished Victor had won.

21. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Oct 29, 2011

I liked Victor, too. I liked all of the finalists.

22. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Oct 29, 2011

I don't think she should have one, dresses do not make a collection.

23. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Oct 29, 2011

24. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Oct 29, 2011

I think the whole show was tailored to allow her to win. First, she loses all her money and it just so happens that Tim surprises them with more money to make a second dress. Then, in that same episode, instead of two dresses they only had to show one. That also helped Anya because she only had one dress.

Then one person was supposed to go home when it was the four of them. Anya was by far the worst but, surprise again, they decided to keep all four.

Then they were given more money at the end when she had to redo a lot of her collection.

I just feel she was meant to win from the beginning.

25. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Oct 29, 2011

I agree-this is what I meant when I said I felt the judges liked her.

I DO like her clothes, but she didn't have enough sewing skills. And her collection was not as good as the others. I wanted Victor to win, but I didn't like the black outfits. Josh had annoyed me for a while, but I started liking him more towards the end.

26. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Oct 29, 2011

I had that same suspicion about the judges' love for Anya and the mysterious extra money. Having said that, I loved her taste even though I couldn't wear her looks at all. I agree that she could design a bag or a necklace and I would buy whatever she put her creativity on. I also liked her spirit and how she responded to her competitors even down to the finals when she loaned thread, etc. Let's not even compare that kind of personality to Josh! Like someone else said, I liked Victor's 3 looks best but I was turned off by all the black and sheer black.

27. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 29, 2011

I bet Victor really had some second thoughts about his choices after the show. He probably would've won if he hadn't included all the black pieces but had continued with his other styles.

28. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Oct 29, 2011

I agree with just about every point.

I couldn't stand Josh. I thought he was a big, whiny jerk. I was rooting for anyone but him.

29. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Oct 30, 2011

I think there should be more judges so that there is a wider range of voting. Or they could have the public voting just like in DWTS where the judges votes count for 1/2 of the scores and the public's is the other half. I just don't see much fairness that can be done with only 3 judges.

30. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Oct 30, 2011

especially when it is sooooo obvious that they prefer one over the other!!!

31. snapples

snapples Rookie

Oct 30, 2011

I'm glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who didn't like Josh. I tried really hard to like him throughout the season but he was either crying or bullying the other designers. I also wasn't a huge fan of his collection, there really wasn't anything in there that I would want to wear. I like Anya and her collection, but I thought she should have thrown some shorts or pants to round it out.

32. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Oct 30, 2011

I'm pretty sure that shows like this are designed more for entertainment value than for fair competition. There always seems to be a ringer or two from the very first episode. I'm sure that they choose the designers based on personality at least as much as their design aesthetic and skill, if not more so. With all that, I don't think that it's really about being "fair" as it is about being "worth watching".

I feel the same way with all the cooking shows like Hell's Kitchen, Top Chef, etc.

Back to PR, I was just SO relieved that there wasn't a big fiasco like last season when that awful Gretchen won even though her clothes looked awful and were all poop-colored. YUCK. I was practically beside myself when she won. It's just more evidence of the fact that the judges already know who will win from the get-go, regardless of where the "competition" actually leads them.

33. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 31, 2011

OK, now that I finally watched the finale, I wish Kimberly had won, but it is what it is. Anya needed more variety & details. If you want beachy, vacation, summer wear, she's the gal for that. Josh is too moody & emotional. One second he's this, one second, that. The other guy has designed better clothes in past episodes than his final collection.

I'm really liking Project Accessory!

Same here!

34. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Oct 31, 2011

Wait - - - Project Accesory? What is that?

35. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2011

I'm not sure she should have won, but I absolutely loved Anya's short, brown, belted dress!

36. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Oct 31, 2011

that's the one I liked too ;)

37. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Oct 31, 2011

Jewelry design ...

My mom is a jewelry designer (and retired social worker) ... but, this show doesn't interest me. Though fashion is subjective, accessories are way too subjective to interest me for competition.