Project Based Learning!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Starista, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

Aug 31, 2014

Hello! :)

So my district has revamped its grading scale to:

35% Tests
    35% Classwork
    30% PBL (Project based learning)

I have watched a few tutorials and information about PBL and signed up for a few sites that are helpful via Edmoto!

My class will be equipped w/ 6 iPads and 2 desktops so the technology component is not going to be an issue.

My worry is how big of a chunk of our grade it is -- I feel I will have to do at least 2 or 3 PBL (and get the grades) per subject. This feels daunting. I understand the rubrics required and how to make them, I am just concerned about how I will fit that many in AND make it meaningful.

I do not want to make these activities "fluff" just so I can get the grades in, especially with all the resources I have available to me. My subjects are the usual grade 4 subjects as well as Religion.

Thanks so much for any insight!! :hugs:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  3. Kelster95

Kelster95 Companion

Aug 31, 2014

My middle school is PBL and we are encouraged to do cross curricular projects that count for more than 1 class, I am teaching a self contained English student who is self contained for science and social studies also so that teacher and I are going to work together to have him complete 1 project.

4. Starista

Starista Cohort

Aug 31, 2014

Fantastic. Perhaps can do the same for math/science as well.