Progressive School Programs

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by SRK, May 26, 2018.

1. SRK

SRK New Member

May 26, 2018

I work at a 'progressive' school, where we are revamping our K-3 program. My principal has opened up a wish list for teachers to add to next year's program and school schedule. (We are a small private school that can make changes like this at the last minute.) I'm bubbling with ideas but want to use this opportunity to its maximum to try something new. Some ideas floating around are adding time blocks dedicated to building number sense, social/emotional skills, and guided playtime for kindergarten.
    What else have you got? If you could add anything to your core schedule, what would it be?

3. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

May 27, 2018

STEM would be #1 on my list but #2 would be something to do with social/emotion well-being. My 5th grade this year could have really benefited from private counseling but since we use our counselor as a special, they're never available.

readingrules12 likes this.
  4. SRK

SRK New Member

May 28, 2018

STEM! A great idea indeed!
    This year the K-3 program began using a social/emotional program called Talkabout during Circle Time. It's great but requires a lot of prep. Luckily, we have an amazing class assistant who loves that kind of thing.