Private School Screening Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Emmy, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Emmy

Emmy Companion

Mar 21, 2012

So excited! I have an informal screening interview next week at a private school. I emailed my resume, and the head of the elementary division got back to me saying she'd like to meet with me for an "informal screening interview" next week. With how difficult its been to find jobs I'm just thrilled to have the chance at an interview for a full time elementary job. Even though she said "informal" I think I will still dress like it was a formal interview. Anyway, I've never had a "screening interview" before. Any ideas of what might be asked or what to expect? I would love love love to get this job. This is a private school that many of my preschoolers go to after they leave our school for elementary. The school is like 5 minutes from where I work now.

3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician Groupie

Mar 21, 2012

Congrats! I would prepare for it just like it will be a formal interview in terms of researching the school, dressing appropriately etc.

4. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

Mar 22, 2012

Congrats! In my experience, screening interview questions were more general:

Tell about yourself.
    Why do you want to work here?
    What's your teaching philosophy?
    Classroom management?
    Parent communication?

Dress well. Bring an extra resume. Don't expect to meet the team. Know that this is a step in the right direction!

5. Emmy

Emmy Companion

Mar 23, 2012

The interview isn't even for a certain grade. Its for a general elementary position, as they are in the process of determining what positions will be available next year but know they will need to hire some new teachers. I know I am only interviewing with the elementary head for this interview. I plan to dress like it was a formal interview and bring my resume and list of references.