Hey y'all! If you have read "Blackballing Teachers" then you know the whole story. If not you can catch on. I live in the largest school district in the state, there is a huge teacher shortage, and after problems with the public school I applied to private schools. I applied at a very large private school where my son used to attend, because they offer decent salaries compared to public school and they offer free tuition for teacher’s children. (I have 3 ages 5, 2, and 2) They didn't have any openings so they sent my resume to a much smaller school clear across town next to the public school where I student taught. At first I thought the distance would be okay since I had been student teaching in that area for a year. But, not only is there still a shot a public school slot, but the pay is not very good. Once they deduct my son's tuition, fees books, and when you factor in gas, food etc, I'll be making just above minimum wage. I can’t put my son in public school because our district is clear across town, and I would have to pay before and after school care. Money is a big problem, because student loans will be knocking at my door soon. The private school principal offered me a contract last week, and I told him I would give him my answer this week, today in fact. What do I say to him to smooth this over? He had very few applicants for this position, if any other….I’m leaving him in the lurch with only a month till school starts, and he’s leaving to go to Japan soon. I have not met the new principal, so I only have a moral obligation to him, I didn’t sign a contract. I don’t want to tell him that I am holding out for a public slot. What do I tell him when I take his teachers editions back to him tomorrow? HELP!!!!!