Private Religious Schools

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by AnnNorCal, Jan 27, 2013.

1. AnnNorCal

AnnNorCal Rookie

Jan 27, 2013

I'm trying hard to find a job and I am exploring all of my options-public, charter, private...

However, as I have been downloading applications from private religious school I have noticed that most ask for the name of the church you attend, the name of the pastor, and sometimes more. I stopped attending church on a regular basis after middle school. I only go for Christmas and sometimes Easter. Is it worth it to even apply and what should I put down?

Thanks for your advice.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2013

List the church you go to for Christmas and Easter.

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 27, 2013

I agree with cza.

When I was in college I applied to work at the local Catholic seminary. I didn't attend church regularly, and the rector asked me about it in the interview, but he hired me anyway. I went to Mass sometimes while on the job from time to time and I always participated in the feast days and celebrations. It wasn't a big problem that I hadn't really gone to church all that much before as long as I was willing to make an effort once I got the job.

5. Jen84

Jen84 Companion

Jan 27, 2013

The private schools that I apply to typically require their teachers to be practicing Catholics. This may be brought up in the interview, depending on the principal. Non-denominational Christian schools might be different though.