printing

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by littlemiskinder, Jul 30, 2014.

1. littlemiskinder

littlemiskinder Rookie

Jul 30, 2014

Hey all! I'm sure this has been addressed already but I was having trouble finding a similar thread so I apologize if I'm being repetitive....

Anyway! We all love TPT but printing out all of these wonderful colorful creations is killer on my printer and my wallet! During the summer I don't have access to my printers at school and Staples is way too expensive for me. Can anyone recommend another place to get my printing done stress free?

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jul 30, 2014

Sorry, I love those color items too, and I got tired of ink jets - best looking needed expensive specialty paper. I bit the bullet and bought a color laser, and I wouldn't live without it - it is my best investment and favorite tool. The cost per page is much less than ink jet printers, but the trade off is the initial outlay. Since I wouldn't know what to do without mine, I guess I am not much help. I also print out a lot of things from my digital camera and varied graphics, so it was more a matter of when I would get one instead of if I would get one. Sometimes you can find great buys for this kind of thing on Craigslist or Ebay classifieds.

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 30, 2014

I avoid color when I can. If an item is going to be reusable, I print it on cardstock and then laminate. If it is a game or center, I print at home. If it is something fancy- poster for display or something, I print it at Staples onto cardstock and then laminate or frame. If you bring your own cardstock, the copy is 49 cents instead of 99 cents.

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jul 30, 2014

I love color, but I also love card stock, and always buy it whenever there is a clearance or price break. Laminating reusable - perfect!

6. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Jul 31, 2014

I get color photos printed from Walgreens when feasible. You can pay around $.10 for a 4x6 if you use a coupon, and they're a good way to add color to a poster or display. Otherwise, I use colored paper as a border for a black and white printed document. Scrapbook paper comes in every pattern imaginable. I also use die cut machines a lot. Paint chips from a hardware store can be used for little accents and are free.

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jul 31, 2014

You know, in HS they don't give us any of the cool toys to play with! We have to put up and decorate, but no stenciled letters or die cut machines. We barely even get colored construction paper unless we buy it. I want to teach at the lower grades. You have such creative uses for so many things. Color me impressed.

8. Starista

Starista Cohort

Aug 2, 2014

Chiming in on this!

So if I purchase something from TPT and want to print it at Office Max, etc. should I do so there or send it from my PC?

Also can I ensure they print on cardstock? Thanks so much!!

9. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 2, 2014

I bring it in on a flash drive. I bring my own cardstock since it is 50 cents per sheet extra to use theirs.

10. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Aug 2, 2014

As has been mentioned, I only print in color when it's something I'm going to laminate and reuse. I don't even have access to a color printer at school, so I have to use my home printer and it's much too expensive to do more than once in a while.