Printing stuff from TPT

Discussion in 'General Education' started by horned_Frog89, Aug 4, 2015.

1. horned_Frog89

horned_Frog89 Companion

Aug 4, 2015

I'm interested in buying some things from TPT - mainly printables for my use - cute labels, binder covers, etc.

Where do most of you print these things...the Colorful things at? I have a printer but it's out of color and ink. Plus there's no way I'd be satisfied with its printing capabilities, anyways.

Do y'all go to office depot? Or is there usually color printers available at school you use?

3. 4815162342

4815162342 Companion

Aug 4, 2015

I print and laminate at home.
    My work printer didnt have the option of color.

4. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Aug 4, 2015

I only print black & white so it's mainly just worksheets.
    I'd love to print out some of those labels & whatnot; they're so cute, but right now I don't have a color printer I can use.

Do you know how much it would be at office depot or a place like that? And to laminate as well?

5. Curiouscat

Curiouscat Comrade

Aug 4, 2015

Check with your local library. At mine you can copy black and white for 5cents a page and color for 10cents a page.

6. horned_Frog89

horned_Frog89 Companion

Aug 4, 2015

Office depot has a price of .59 cents for color copies. That's probably on regular copy paper.

That's not too bad, and considering how much ink is and how colorful some of the stuff is on TPT, it might be more cost effective to print the 10ish binder covers I'd need from Office Depot.

But, I'm not sure how lasting non-commercial ink is these days. It's been a long time since I've had to rely on a personal printer.

They will laminate at Office depot, but I think it's cheaper to do so at a Teacher store. The local store by me is running a .35 cent a square foot special this week.

7. horned_Frog89

horned_Frog89 Companion

Aug 4, 2015

Great advice! I never think of the library!

8. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

Aug 4, 2015

If I want or need a color copy, I do it at home. If it is black and white? I do it at school. I can use the copier in the work room or send it off to the district copy center.

We have para-pros that do the laminating for teachers, so all I have to do is leave whatever I want laminated with the Title 1 teacher and she passes it on the the paras. My brother gave me a little laminating machine a few months ago, but I haven't used it yet. I just bought a bunch of pouches for it last night, and I think I might be ready to take the plunge soon!
    Sheilah

9. SummerIsTooLong

SummerIsTooLong Rookie

Aug 5, 2015

There is a local company near me which is half the cost of Office Depot/Max, you might try something like that.

10. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Aug 5, 2015

If I need just a few copies, I will print at home. I have a passable color/black ink printer that is a scanner/copier too.

If I need a lot of color copies or I need them to be really good quality, I will print them at school. I have 2 printers I can use there.

If I'm doing some kind of event for the school and I need A LOT of colored copies in great quality, I ask either the Admissions dept or the Communications dept to make the copies for me since they have professional printers for such things. They have always been really happy to help me out :)

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 5, 2015

My library charges 50 cents per page to print in color or copy in color. I'm lucky I can print a lot of color items at school.

12. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Aug 6, 2015

I do them both places, but most of it is done at home.

13. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2015

I have things printed at Staples.

If it is something the students will use, I have it printed on my own cardstock (it is way cheaper to buy your own cardstock) and then I laminate it. Other things I have them print on regular paper. I typically spend a small fortune every August. But the quality is so much better than my printer at home.

14. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Aug 6, 2015

I do all my printing and laminating at school. We have 2 colour printers we can use and a laminator.

15. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Aug 7, 2015

This. :)

My personal printer is not fancy by any means, and color ink is about 15 dollars. But my color copies always come out bright and cute, and I have the Scotch thermal laminator that I use to laminate the important stuff that will be used a lot. If I'm laminating something big or something that will be hung up on the wall, I use the school laminator. I've found the plastic isn't nearly as thick with it. If it's something the kids will be handling a lot, or that will be used in a clip chart-esque type way, I will use my thermal pouches because they are much thicker. It gives my paper (normal copy paper) a cardstock feel.

16. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 7, 2015

Instead of printing in colour, I will often print in black and coloured paper. I do most of my printing at home--I really don't print that much and our copiers at school are always very busy! If I do have a large colour print job (typically two a year), I'll do it at school early in the morning.