Print or Write: Word Wall Words..

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Daisha, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Daisha

Daisha Companion

Jul 13, 2008

I was looking for a sight that might have a template or already pre-made printable word wall words (I'm using the Fry words for my wall) and couldn't find one.
    Or should I stop looking and wasting time and just start writing out my own on 3 by 5 index cards or some other material.

So, I was wondering how everyone makes their words for their walls?

3. 2love2teach

2love2teach Companion

Jul 13, 2008

You can type them in Edhelper.com and print them out. You even have the option of adding pictures or putting the words in spanish, but you do have to subscribe.

4. Daisha

Daisha Companion

Jul 13, 2008

Oh, I don't have a subscription and can't get one yet. Hopefully in August or September.

5. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Jul 13, 2008

I just type mine on the computer, print them on cardstock, and cut them out. My word wall is magnetic, so I put magnets on the back of each one.

6. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

7. Daisha

Daisha Companion

Jul 13, 2008

Thank you very much! That is a very good site.

8. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 13, 2008

I type them all into a word processing program, like Word, and make them really big. Then I print them off on card stock and cut them out. This way, I have it already done for the next year, and I don't bother saving the words off the word wall at the end of the year.

9. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2008

I added a "Wanted" poster next to my word wall so we can pull words off the wall and put them on the wanted list.

10. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 14, 2008

When I taught fifth grade, I printed my words onto transparencies and stapled them on my 'No Excuse' board. It had a yellow background and was up high, so you couldn't see the plastic-it looked like the words were printed on the fabric. We never interacted with it, so that was fine. This year I want to do more with our word wall, so I'm going to do as the others do and print the words onto cardstock and put a magnet on the back. The large magnets with the letters of the alphabet on them are actually frog magnets I got from Vista Print that I'm going to stamp the letters onto.

http://www.realclassroomideas.com/93.html