Principals using the same line...........

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by koop, Aug 15, 2008.

1. koop

koop Rookie

Aug 15, 2008

Well I had the interview lats week ands over the weekend I met someone else who had an interview the same day with the same school. I found out tjat what the pricipal had said to me about standing out and possible positions openieng up was said to the same person. This is so frustrating! When you have hope to think you had done well turns out that you really didn't. Also I found out at the end that they already had two internal candidates they were already looking at. It turned out to be a waste of time. :(:(:(

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2008

This seems to be a common thread throughout these forums. It stinks!

4. SashaBear

SashaBear Companion

Aug 15, 2008

Does that mean that me being "one of the top candidates" was a line?

5. michelleann27

michelleann27 Cohort

Aug 15, 2008

Dang, Sorry. I but, look at it this way God doesn't shut one door without opening another one. Will keep you in my prayers. Good luck something will come up for you. Hold your head high and don't let them beat you down. :)

6. merigold78

merigold78 Cohort

Aug 15, 2008

i am sorry this happened to you. i often wonder why they interview when they already know who they want :). keep your chin up - there is a great job out there 4 you.

Meri

7. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Aug 15, 2008

I love when they schedule everyone 15 minutes apart and then you can see all the other people interviewing.

8. merigold78

merigold78 Cohort

Aug 16, 2008

MAT - I'm going to tag on:

......I love when the people you see are obviously fresh out of college w/little to no experience. You interview well - feel good about the impression you made - then get a bad news phone call :(. Something tells you the new grad must have been cheaper than an experienced, stellar teacher such as yourself.....

9. Teacherella

Teacherella Habitué

Aug 17, 2008

Meri - I wish that were the case with me! I'm sort of a new grad (well, of graduate school) and I have been told that people with more experience got the job. My past classmates and friends have the same problem too. :(

10. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2008

We are required to interview at least 3 (I think) candidates, including the applicant with the most seniority. (Pretty sure that's how it is.) So even if there is an internal candidate, others get their hopes up.

As far as the "line" from the principal goes, don't be disheartened. Even if it was said to another candidate as well, that doesn't mean it isn't true.

11. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Aug 17, 2008

Stay hopeful though :) In my situation, ONE teacher was leaving that they were hiring for. Turns out that they hired THREE new teachers. Me--- to take over for a retiring teacher (they didn't know until after interviewing), two other teachers to take over for the person leaving.

I wish you the best!!!!!

12. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

Aug 17, 2008

I have heard that many time. . .

How well I've done and being considered only to not get the job :confused:

Because a displaced or riffed teacher got the job :(

Well, two more interviews next week school starts in less then two weeks:mellow:

Stpehanie