Principal's Day

Discussion in 'General Education' started by thomps6, Feb 24, 2009.

1. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Feb 24, 2009

Does anyone have any great ideas for Principal's Day? Each class is supposed to make something to give to our principal on Wednesday. We have done cards, posters, and a little skit. Any new ideas??? Thanks for the input!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 24, 2009

Make a class book.

Make an i-movie.

Trace kids hands on construction paper, cut out, curl into flower shape (the fingers are the petals) and tape to pipe cleaner stems to make a bouquet.

4. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2009

When is principal's day ?

Is is a national day?! eeek!

5. teachin4ever

teachin4ever Cohort

Feb 25, 2009

I think Principal's Day is May 1.

6. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Feb 25, 2009

Principal's Day is next Wednesday, March 4 (at least in our building). Thanks for the ideas!

7. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2009

You won't want to do this. Our P. had a hard time last year adjusting to his new job. He was always joking around and doing things that made me think of him as an obnoxious younger brother.

He made twenty photocopies of a terrible picture of me and taped them up all over the school-like on the back of the door of one of the teacher's restrooms--things like that.

He was doing this to many people, and still can't quite keep it together. (He was kicked out his own high school when he was a junior.)

So on Principal's Day last year, someone managed to get his keys to his car, someone else drove it down to the field in front of the school and put a big "for sale" sign on it with his office number.

Ahh, pay back. He ran out just before lunch to rescue it when someone called and told him they were waiting there to test drive it.

8. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Feb 26, 2009

That's funny! We thought to put post-its on a co-workers car so when he drove they would flap in the wind.

We have decided to sing a rap. It should be cute!

I read online where someone had their students make the letters of the principal's name and take a picture. I think I will do that next year!

9. LoriVincent

LoriVincent Rookie

Feb 26, 2009

I always give my P a plant, dark chocolates for his candy dish, and a current photo of my class.

One year, I had a student interview our P for a class assignment, and that student wrote a little biographical sketch which was framed. It still hangs on his office wall today...