Principal recommendation

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Tangie, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Tangie

Tangie New Member

Dec 29, 2019

If the principal says she is recommending you to HR does that mean you are hired or that there will be an interview with HR?

3. whizkid

whizkid Groupie

Dec 29, 2019

Here, the supt sends you to the principal, the principal recommends you to the supt who recommends you at the board meeting. When the supt sends you to the principal, you're pretty much hired at that point.

In your case, it sounds like you have the job.

Tangie likes this.
  4. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Dec 29, 2019

It can vary a lot, but generally speaking, if you are recommended to HR by the hiring principal, you have the job so long as your references, experience, and education check-out.
    I've seen it derail when the person's references didn't check out, (and one time when the applicant failed the drug test) and once because HR had someone on a lay-off list who had to be placed first, and that person chose that particular job.

Tangie likes this.
  5. Tangie

Tangie New Member

Dec 29, 2019

Thank you both for your quick responses. I feel hopeful. I am not concerned about issues with the references or the drug test. I just didn’t know if the rest of the process simply involved formalities or if HR makes the final decision. I think it is just taking longer to hear back from HR because of the holiday break and I certainly do not want to give notice to my current employer without knowing for sure.

6. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Dec 29, 2019

Tangle,
    You never want to give notice until you are sure -- you are 100% correct about that, but I'd have to say that it all sounds very hopeful and positive.

Tangie likes this.
  7. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Groupie

Dec 29, 2019

Here if you are recommended by the P to HR, you pretty much have the job. ( The P checks references here.) HR signs off. The rest is just formality as you say. The next school board meeting, they bring your name up, approve, and I've never known anyone not to get the job at that point. Good luck!

futuremathsprof, Tangie and whizkid like this.
  8. Tangie

Tangie New Member

Dec 29, 2019

Thank you all for your feedback. I feel like my life is about to change for the better as this career change would also involve a relocation but I’m keeping my excitement contained as I await the call. I will share the news, good or bad, once I know for sure.

whizkid and Tired Teacher like this.