Principal interference in class

Discussion in 'General Education' started by pabef, Feb 1, 2021.

1. pabef

pabef Comrade

Feb 1, 2021

Maybe I’m overreacting, but here is what happened . While I was using the computer and printer in the office today, I saw the office helpers to do list. She had listed to print out names of my students to laminate. When I asked her why that was on her list, she said the principal had asked her to do that so my kids could trace their names using markers. I explained that I already have those in my room and have been using them. She said she would tell the principal. I’m just wondering, since the principal hardly visits my room to know what activities I do, why she would assume I don’t have my kids practice their names. Am I overreacting? I don’t like being made to feel like I’m not doing my job.

3. Loomistrout

Loomistrout Devotee

Feb 1, 2021

Is there a history of this type of thing? Is she doing this for other teachers? Consider meeting with principal to find out her rationale. It may be she thinks it’s a favor - reducing workload etc. - as opposed to stepping on your toes. What seems to be missing is some form of advance communication asking you for input about her plan.

otterpop and a2z like this.
  4. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Feb 2, 2021

It’s also possible but unlikely that the principal is trying to find busy work for the secretary. I agree it’s good to ask.

5. pabef

pabef Comrade

Feb 3, 2021

I know of a couple times she has done this with another teacher. She thought that teacher wasn’t planning age appropriate activities. I just didn’t want her to think that of me without knowing what happens in my room.

otterpop likes this.
  6. viola_x_wittrockiana

viola_x_wittrockiana Comrade

Feb 3, 2021

You could always thank her for "replacing" the set you had already been using. They *were* getting kind of worn and ratty. ;)

otterpop likes this.