Priceless Pet Toy

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by KinderCowgirl, Feb 7, 2010.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Feb 7, 2010

So I have a GT German Shephard puppy. No really she is! Very smart, gets bored very easily. Challenging behaviorally-just like my kids! :p So I spend a lot of time and money on agility classes, finding new toys (that will withstand those teeth), researching games to play with her. What toy is her favorite? The hula hoop I brought home from school-$1 hula hoop, hours of play-priceless! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010

So cute!

Mine likes old socks and t-shirts. I was spending a fortune on toys that she'd just shred to pieces the same day. She actually had the most fun with a big old sheet. She dragged it around and ripped it up for weeks!.

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Feb 7, 2010

Toys are overrated.
    My kitten's favorite toy in the world is a pipe cleaner.

5. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Feb 7, 2010

Your German Shepherd is so cute. My Burmese cat (about to turn 16) is still so playful. She goes crazy over pom-poms that I found on a string over the holidays. I cut them off the strings into single balls for her to bat, swat, and carry in her mouth.

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010

That's like my cats - my current cat's fave is balled up paper. The only thing he plays with himself is this little burlap bag that is filled with cat nip. Nothing special or cute at all.

My last cat liked the little ring off the milk cap, and she LOVED to chew on straws.

The cat my roomie had when I moved in here loved hair ties. He would steal them from my room.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

Kinder~she is so adorable. She reminds me of our German Shepard. She's about 10 and in the beginning stages of hip displacia which tears my heart out, but every once in a while you can see the puppy come out in her.

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

My dog is under a foot tall. A hoola hoop would probably just become a chew toy for her.

9. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Feb 7, 2010

What a great toy! Our Bunny is a huge fan of the large collection of magazines on the second layer of our coffee table. That's where you can find him most of the time, chowing down. He also likes to fling our shoes around.

10. dogs&teaching

dogs&teaching Comrade

Feb 7, 2010

It's a really great idea. I would never allow my dogs to chew on one though. I hula hoop with a group of ladies. My hoops are custom made and not cheap. I wouldn't be very happy if I caught my dogs chewing on one.

11. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Feb 8, 2010

My dog loves to tear apart stuffed animals. I found some 99 cent new ones at the goodwill and she carries them around the house and has some kind of love/hate relationship with them. She wants to tear them apart one second then cuddle them the next.

12. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Feb 10, 2010

Thanks for your responses guys! Yeah-she's cute, but what a handful. I enjoy her though. She loves socks too-she finds them everywhere (don't ask me how). She'll pull one out from under the couch or go into the garage where a pile of laundry is and come out with a sock. She would have been a good police dog if she was supposed to be chasing Dr. Scholl's! :p

13. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Feb 10, 2010

My dog's favorite toy is an empty 2-liter soda bottle. She will run all over the yard, carrying it by the cap end, then throw it around and bite it until she crushes it. It makes a wonderful noise and when it is flat, we toss it in the recycling bin and give her another. She loves frisbees, but only to chew them to pieces! I think she just likes the way they crack.

14. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Feb 10, 2010

Adorable, playing with a hula hoop! My cats favorite toy is a wide rubber band that hold bunches of broccoli together!