Price is right

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeachOnTheBeach, Apr 7, 2009.

1. TeachOnTheBeach

TeachOnTheBeach Rookie

Apr 7, 2009

I am watching Price is right, I haven't been able to since Drew Carey took over. Well I think he's awful. I think he's trying too hard to be like Bob...no one could ever take his place.
    What's up with his hair? I had to change it because he was getting too annoying.
    Just thought I would share

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 7, 2009

I kinda like Drew. One positive I can say about Drew that you couldn't say about Bob is, Drew isn't afraid or runs away when people hug him excitedly. Bob will try to get away from you. Some of you may say, but Bob's a frail 80 yr old man who doesn't want any broken bones. Well, my mom who's been watching since Bob was young said he ran away back then too when people went to hug him.

I think that's one of the main reasons why they wanted Drew. He's a big guy & in that line of work, people are running up to hug you all the time. Producers don't want another person who's afraid or acts like he detests everyone.

4. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Apr 7, 2009

I like Drew Carey on the Price Is Right! He has more patience with the contestants than Bob did.

5. TeachOnTheBeach

TeachOnTheBeach Rookie

Apr 7, 2009

Good points. I am a little bothered by his bleached hair :) LOL...I can't get over the highlights

6. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2009

I miss Bob!!!!!!!!

7. TeachOnTheBeach

TeachOnTheBeach Rookie

Apr 7, 2009

After watching the whole show, I must agree with you guys...it is not too bad. I really enjoyed his enthusiasm...his hair though..haha

8. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2009

I haven't watched since he took over...those first few episodes were brutal. He seemed like he'd rather be anywhere but on that stage. I guess I should give him another try....

9. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2009

I like Drew Carey normally, but not as the host of PIR. I like his personality and I think he has a good sense of humor on the show, but he seems to always be in a hurry to speak and is always tripping over his words. Maybe he'll get better.

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 7, 2009

I think he mumbles too much, and tries to be too funny. But I normally like Drew, like Jen said, just not on TPIR!

11. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2009

Yeah but Bob Barker had all those issues with sexual harassment. I remember him asking the women to kiss him when he went up there. Then there were accusations about him with the Barker's Beauties. And then he just kind of stopped with the kissing and stuff.

12. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2009

I really like Drew as the host of The Price is Right; I think that because he is so different from Bob Barker it works. One thing that I wonder about is I don't know how he doesn't get in trouble for continually making jokes about the prizes (not that some of them aren't the strangest things ever), but you'd think that sponsors would be pulling their products with him making fun of them all of the time.

13. MissSkippyjonJones

MissSkippyjonJones Comrade

Apr 7, 2009

Watch on the 16th....I'll be on it!

14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 7, 2009

I have only watched one episode with Drew as the host when he first started. I will watch tomorrow and let you know what I think :lol:

15. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2009

Really! How cool!

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 7, 2009

Well, there's a righy way & a wrong way to do everything. The show needed a new host & I like Drew better than Bob.

New2Grade4, how cool! My mom's tried to be on the show. Yrs ago, she even had a shirt made up saying: I Bark for Bob Barker. Just a way to try to stand out from the crowd.

17. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2009

I have always wanted to be on the Price is right. its a life goal. Its on my bucket list.

A girl I went to college with was on there. She won a gazebo. I don't even think she claimed it.

18. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Apr 7, 2009

About the comment about Bob running away from contestants -- you may not know this, but way back the contestants did hug, squeeze, even pick him up! One of the contestants picked him up and shook him, and he had some serious back problems because of it. After that, the policy changed and all of the studio audience was told before the show started that shaking hands or high fives were fine, but not to hug, squeeze, tackle, slap on the back, or otherwise "abuse" the host!

I think if I'd been hurt by an excited, out-of-control contestant, I'd be a bit afraid, too!

And as to the sexual harrassment part -- it had nothing to do with the contestants kissing him on the cheek -- it had to do with his "alleged" behavior with "Barker's Beauties...." As much as I liked Bob as the host, the fact that he was repeatedly accused of fondling the models, and they either had to put up with it, or risk losing their jobs, the less I respect him as a person.

19. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Apr 7, 2009

I don't like Drew at all. It doesn't seem like he really cares. When the woman one both showcases by getting the amount right on the dot he did nothing. And that was Price is Right history!

20. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Apr 7, 2009

My cousin made it to contestant row, but didn't make it up on stage. He tried to stand out of the crowd in line by saying in his best announcer voice, "Rod Roddy is my HERO!"