Presenting at Staff meeting

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by msaly, Mar 31, 2017.

1. msaly

msaly Comrade

Mar 31, 2017

Each month every classroom has to present a learning moment for the staff training. I was assigned to May- and of course all the things I wanted to present have been done already! So far people have done sensory tables, math and science in the classroom, outdoor learning, curriculum, fine motor learning, and a few I cant think of.

Any ideas on what I can talk about? It has to be 15 minutes long and include handouts with info. All I can come up with is cooking in the classroom. I also thought about how to arrange centers and classroom to comply with ecers, and how to create child's portfolios- but I feel like everyone already knows that.

What is something you would want to learn about at your staff meeting?

THANKS!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 31, 2017

STEM ideas?

Secondary Teach likes this.
  4. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Mar 31, 2017

Process art instead of product?

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 31, 2017

Brain research? An activity or strategy from one of Eric Jensen's books might be well-received.

6. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

Mar 31, 2017

www.breakoutedu.com

If you are familiar with Escape Rooms....this is similar but it can be content driven. There is physical breakouts that require boxes and locks. OR there is digital ones that can be done on any type of device. Its super fun! They have some geared towards Professional Development or any grade or content areas

7. rpan

rpan Cohort

Apr 1, 2017

I love hearing about successes in other teachers' classrooms. I presented on some visible learning strategies I used successfully in my classroom. I use Kahoots and Socrative and students love it. I also use QR codes to make scavenger hunts around the school as a learning activity and it is highly engaging. I think teachers are interested in what engages students.