Preschoooooolllssss

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by rockangel312, Aug 11, 2010.

1. rockangel312

rockangel312 Companion

Aug 11, 2010

I'm still on the hunt for a public school job or even private school, but the only places that seem to want to hire me are preschools. I had a maternity leave spot at a preschool but it was under $13 an hr. Does anyone know of any private preschools that pay more? Do chain schools like Kindercare and Creme de le Creme pay more? I live in Nj if that makes a difference for the pay.

3. diana

diana Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

Kindercare (at least in Michigan) doesn't pay more than $13/hr, from what I hear.

It doesn't hurt to check out some private preschools in your area. I worked at a private school years ago and it paid teachers $15/hr to start.

4. schuhe01

schuhe01 New Member

Aug 11, 2010

Creme de la Creme does not pay more than $13/hr in TX.

5. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Aug 12, 2010

I would say no, they probably do not pay more. Alot of my friends have taken positions and 13 seems like the high end in IL. I would check into private Preschools and see what happens. Alot of my friends have taken these positions because it is steady work though and it is something. None of them had to sign contracts so they are still looking for the job they really want. Good luck.

6. tgpii

tgpii Comrade

Mar 16, 2012

So a Kindercare called me today. They said they had my resume on file from a while ago and wanted to know if I wanted to interview. I think I remember applying there long ago. We set it up for latter in the week, but then the person wanted it tomorrow I ask what position and they said they have several openings at a few locations in there area. The Kindercare is far from me but is in a location I am trying to relocate to. I have interviewed in the past with Kindercare. I do have experience and meet the daycare teacher and director requirements for my state. Yes I am a male. I think Knowledge Learning Corporation is now Knowledge Universe. Any advice?

The interview went well.(I had good interviews that lead to nothing) They said they filled 2 positions internal and have one left. They have to interview a few other candidates Should I follow up? When should I follow up? How should I follow up? Should I send a thank you and or follow up? Were is the fine line between follow up and sounding crazy/desperate? Thanks!

7. Emmy

Emmy Companion

Mar 16, 2012

I work at a private church preschool and the pay is pretty low. I make $14 an hour which is the highest I've ever made teaching preschool. Other preschools I've worked in years past I started off making $10 an hour, which I could make just babysitting. Definitely not enough to live off of, which is why I am living at home til I find a full time job with a livable salary and benefits. However I will say this job has helped me. I now have had my own classroom as opposed to subbing which I did right after graduating. Subbing led to no references (all I did was busy work and rarely if ever met the principal), and with my current job I have 2 directors, coworkers and my assistant to list as references.

8. raynepoe

raynepoe Companion

Mar 16, 2012

Check out Head Start, the pay is much higher, but warning it is a ton of hard work, like back breaking work. High student:teacher ratios and all the kids are low socio-economic... I hope at one point to break into public school, but have been at HS for 3 years......

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 16, 2012

I worked a preK in a high school...it was a lab for students in family living kinds of classes....got paid on the HS scale:D