Preschool testing

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by SpecialPreskoo, Jul 26, 2002.

1. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 26, 2002

Ok Preschool Special Ed teachers...

What tests are you using for initial testing? I am using the Battelle, but it is an OLD version and I do not care for it. I need something that gives a standard score and tests all 5 areas. I looked into the KIDS... Kent Inventory of Developments Skills. I think I got the meaning of the acronym right. I only have around 30 mins. in my day to test new kids and it is in the afternoon after all my kids leave or I take time from the ones I have in my class to test a possible new child. I need something that is not a screener but doesn't take DAYS AND DAYS to complete the test.

HELP!

Lori

3. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

Jul 27, 2002

I've used the Brigance--but it does take along time. High Scope make a observation checklist that covers everything. Also try looking into the Lapdd or the Dasi

4. suriley

suriley Rookie

Jul 28, 2002

Our county district uses the High Scope Curriculum so we have to use the LAP (Learning Accomplishment Profile). But, it takes a good day to do on each child, really about 1 1/2 days of just testing that child. We used to use the Carolina - but it is also time consuming. We don't have a choice - test in the fall and test again in late spring.

5. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 29, 2002

I have kids coming in all the time. The news ones are the ones I need the test for. When they turn 3 they are supposed to be ready to enter the classroom. It is like pulling teeth to get some of the parents there for 2 dates, much less more and to get the kid's attention span for a long time.

Lori