Preschool Teacher Magazines?

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by teach4Knsc, Aug 16, 2006.

1. teach4Knsc

teach4Knsc Rookie

Aug 16, 2006

Are there any good magazines out there for preschool teachers?

I'm looking for not only classroom idea magazines, but periodical magazines, too, that will keep me up-to-date on educational research.

What are your favorites?

3. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Aug 16, 2006

I use The Mailbox--- I can't use all of their ideas because everything in our room should be open ended---but we use a lot of their ideas in our room....

4. mrod

mrod Rookie

Aug 16, 2006

My favorite is Young Children it's the magazine that NAEYC publishes. It has alot of educational articles that are a very good read. The magazine also recommends books to read with your classroom and also has conference information. Everything is up to date and very informative. Go to naeyc.org and click on beyond the jornal and you will find the pdf documents of the magazines to see if you like it. I'm a NAEYC member so I get the magaine montly for free at my home.

I also own a subscription to Early Childhood Today. It also has great educational articles and activities. It also has sections of recommended educational books to read.

My favorite magazine though is Young Children.

5. imashortcake

imashortcake Rookie

Aug 16, 2006

Do each of these have things that pertain to preschool teachers? I only teach 3 and 4 year olds and I am also interested in finding good quality magazines to keep me informed.

6. mrod

mrod Rookie

Aug 16, 2006

Definitely these are Early childhood magazines for early childhood educators. They deal with infants, toddlers, and preschool aged children. I also subscribe to the Mailbox but it's nothing but activities.

Your best bet is to go through Young Children or Early Childhood Today. I don't know of any others.

Take a look on the website to read an article and see if that is what you like.