Preschool teacher jobs in North Carolina/Dallas

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by newpreschlteach, Sep 9, 2007.

1. newpreschlteach

newpreschlteach Rookie

Sep 9, 2007

Hi everybody,

This is my first posting in this forum. I need some advice.

I am currently working as a preschool teacher in San Jose. I am thinking of relocating to either Dallas or Raleigh, North Carolina. As I cannot find too many jobs online in either of these places, could anyone from either of these places give me some info regarding job prospects. I have a masters degree and am working on my ece credentials. I am interested in teaching ages 4 -7.

Thanks for your help.
    NewPreschoolTeacher

3. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 10, 2007

I will try to be positive, as nobody else has responded...but I must tell you, I am pretty depressed because my new job has not paid me

for the most part, you have to dig deep to find out what programs are out there..it seems to be a weird animal..so different from regular elementary...

see, for the most part in IL and CA...preschool has fallen into three categories. paid private, free public, and non-profit/Head Start

because these places have so many different funding sources, it is hard to find them. you can't just look up Head Start, since most are named after some person! i.e. Dorothy Sutton Head Start.

Private centers are pickier...and they usually don't pay anything
    Public school = state-pre-K are best, because you are part of the district, with pay and benefits, and decent hours.

so, that is my take on the subject.

I am pretty disgusted...and plan to get out of it. rather be an aide...I love little kids, and really love pre-k, but I can't stand the system in how teachers are treated!

good luck to you...
    you may want to consider expanding your certificate...so you have more options down the road...

4. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2007

Are you interested in coming to Tennessee? The governor has been really pushing pre-school for every student. We have been opening pre-schools left and right here. Good luck!

5. newpreschlteach

newpreschlteach Rookie

Sep 10, 2007

Thank you for your replies. I just started working in this field after taking care of my kids for some years. I dont want to quit. Due to family reasons we are thinking of relocating to either of these places.

I am currently working for a private daycare. I want to work with the little ones and am desperately hoping for some good news regarding job prospects in ece.

Thanks again everybody.

6. SoReady2Teach

SoReady2Teach Comrade

Sep 10, 2007

I know that there is a need for teacher in the Dallas/N. Texas area. I think there are even some teaching positions that haven't been filled and school has already started here. Do you have a certain area or district in mind?

7. WannaTeach

WannaTeach Companion

Sep 10, 2007

Hi! Check their website for Wake County Schools in North Carolina. They are always building a new school. www.wcpss.net or Google Wake County Schools NC. Schools all over NC are adding the More at 4 Program. Many elementary schools have up to 5 pre-k classrooms now. Good luck!

8. WannaTeach

WannaTeach Companion

Sep 10, 2007

Pre-K in NC

Hi! Check their website for Wake County Schools in North Carolina. They are always building a new school. www.wcpss.net or Google Wake County Schools NC. Schools all over NC are adding the More at 4 Program. Many elementary schools have up to 5 pre-k classrooms now. Good luck!

9. WannaTeach

WannaTeach Companion

Sep 10, 2007

Pre-K in NC

Hi! Check their website for Wake County Schools in North Carolina. They are always building a new school. Google Wake County Schools NC. Schools all over NC are adding the More at 4 Program. Many elementary schools have up to 5 pre-k classrooms now. Good luck! :)

10. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 10, 2007

why not ask your supervisor for referrals! I am sure they may know somebody in these areas...

try career builder.com for the main cities in each location
    also try the local school districts
    last but not least, get a list of NAEYC approved child care centers
    Chicago chapter of NAEYC has job listings posted on their page!

get some resume paper and start stuffing envelopes!

I found some resume paper on clearance rack of office max.

11. kaymurr

kaymurr Rookie

Sep 11, 2007

Suburban districts in Dallas fill up fast, but Dallas ISD itself *always* starts the school year understaffed--this year over 100 openings. And it is one of the highest paying districts in the U.S. (at times the highest, I think).

12. directorcori

directorcori New Member

Sep 17, 2007

preschool jobs dallas

We are a Christian preschool in Dallas that is expanding in the coming months. If you will be relocating to this area, please feel free to email me and I can tell you about our positions. I would be interested in learning more about you. Don't lose heart! If you are really interested in working with younger children, there is a way to make it work!