Preschool Room Pics

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by preschoolgal, Jul 23, 2007.

1. lilymoo

lilymoo Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

Littleduckie: I love your Chika Boom Boom tree! Your room looks so homey and cozy! :)

2. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Aug 25, 2007

I get to see my new classroom Monday too! Looking at everyone's pictures over the past month or so has made me SO anxious to get into mine. I can't wait!!! Here's hoping we both have great rooms....

3. Miss Steele

Miss Steele Companion

Aug 25, 2007

Yes! Actually, almost anything after the past two years will be an upgrade! Like I said, I had no windows (well, they were barely windows), plus the room was small, and it was on the third floor! I'll be looking forward to hearing what your new room is like!

4. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Aug 25, 2007

No windows, that's crazy! I have to admit my room last year was great. It was average sized but I had huge windows that opened all the way so we had TONS of fresh air and light. My only gripe was that my furniture was 3 huuuuge tables with chairs that were all sized for 3rd or 4th graders and not my little 4 year olds. This year even if my room isn't as great, I'm hopefully going to have brand new furniture sized for little bodies.

5. LittleDuckie

LittleDuckie Rookie

Aug 26, 2007

We just painted the center so my director was very strong on no tape or staples on the walls! And its my first year so if I did it worng I would have been made an example of. Everything is poster, or colored copies and I laminated and used poster stuff to stick it up.

6. LittleDuckie

LittleDuckie Rookie

Aug 26, 2007

I got the center signs through carson-dellosa...and the bee hives are extra blank signs you can add in. So I color copied them and add the velcro dots. Then I went to the teacher supply store and got little bee note pads...the really small ones, and laminated them and wrote the kids names on them. You can see them on my one picture from the door. So far we havn't used them...I have 2 1/2's-just turned 3! But hopefully by Christmas time I'll be using them.

7. Jadegrniiz

Jadegrniiz Rookie

Aug 26, 2007

I really don't talk much, but I would love to share pics of my K-2 classroom!

h t t p : // share. shutterfly. com/ action/ welcome? sid=8DaNG7RmzZGs&emid =sharshar&linkid= link5

(just remove the spaces - the system won't let me post pics because apparently I don't talk enough! :eek: )

8. cokelady

cokelady Rookie

Aug 27, 2007

I enjoy looking at your rooms, I noticed everything is up high the alphabet shapes. Ours is down low and everything is laminated, so they can touch. One of our teachers made each letter then attached somthing that starts with that letter to it. Like A had plastic ants attached to the letter A, B had buttons, C had fake coins and so on but we had it down low so the kids could touch.. we are all about touching the shapes and letters. Cokelady

9. dianafish

dianafish Rookie

Aug 27, 2007

jadegrniiz, your room is so colorful! My classroom is boring beige. The church we are in doesn't want bright colors on the walls. I have to make my bulletin boards very colorful in order to make it pop.

10. sdj284

sdj284 Rookie

Aug 27, 2007

Ok I'm slow today I can't get Jaddgrniiz's link to work....

11. dianafish

dianafish Rookie

Aug 27, 2007

i had to retype the whole thing myself. it was too hard to backspace on all the extra spaces

12. monica

monica Comrade

Aug 27, 2007

Jade... CUTE colorful LOVE it!!!!!

13. Jadegrniiz

Jadegrniiz Rookie

Aug 27, 2007

Maybe someone who is allowed to post links could help you out. I would, but it won't let me. :(

Yes - my room is bright and cheery. It's not without faults, though. For example, I can only put things on the yellow and orange walls. Student artwork is not permitted to stay up over weekends, and we aren't allowed to hang ANYTHING from the ceiling. Plus, anything with childrens' names must also be removed on Fridays. I work at a church, and apparently one Sunday someone noticed a name of a preschool kid from a classroom and it caused problems (it was a domestic violence situation, I think). And finally - anything not suitable for children under 2yrs old has to be taken out on Friday also. The room is used on Sundays for the 18month to 22 month old group.

14. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 27, 2007

15. Miss Steele

Miss Steele Companion

Aug 27, 2007

I FINALLY got to see my room. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's so much better than where I was before. I have some pictures up, if you want to take a look. It's REALLY messy but you can see the beautiful windows and great storage!

http://klsteacher.shutterfly.com/action/ Let me know if it works!

16. Janet Sue

Janet Sue Rookie

Aug 27, 2007

Hi Miss Steele,

I would LOVE to see your classroom pictures, but you need a password to access them. So, no, it doesn't work.

17. Miss Steele

Miss Steele Companion

Aug 27, 2007

Try it now! I didn't realize that I had added a password to the album -- I thought it was just for my account!

18. lilymoo

lilymoo Rookie

Aug 27, 2007

Great room! I love the cabinets along your wall and your white board. My room has similar windows to your and I have the same exact blue chairs!

19. Miss Steele

Miss Steele Companion

Aug 27, 2007

The cabinets are so nice. I'm not used to having storage space in my classroom.

I'm actually going to cover up my white board. I don't use it. I have a smaller easel/big book stand that I use with a laminated piece of poster board to do any writing - kids can use it.

Aren't the window's great??

20. hello_mido

hello_mido Rookie

Aug 31, 2007

lovely

hi
    i just want to say i loved ur room although it seems to be small like mine :(

21. LittleDuckie

LittleDuckie Rookie

Aug 31, 2007

Yeah. I got the job and I loved the school, a small Christian school like 5 mins from my house! The staff has been their forever, I was really lucky they had an opening for a teacher's postition. The school itself has a waiting list to get in! Everything sounded perfect, I should have guessed something would be wrong with the room! My room is only 12x19 and I only know that b/c I measured to see how I'd move the stuff around. The teacher I took the class over didn't really teach...and she was forced out by the church board. It took me all of my teacher work day just to clean the room, I had to go in the day before open house to actually move the stuff where I wanted it! But I'm really happy with how it turned out. And the room still looks like this!!! The kids take such good care of everything! I'm so proud of them taking pride in our room!

22. sdj284

sdj284 Rookie

Aug 31, 2007

LittleDuckie, You made your room look like a fun and cozy place. It's hard when a room is small but the kids think its neat to put things away when they have a place!!!!!!!!!!!

23. jlj

jlj Devotee

Sep 16, 2007

LittleDuckie- I remember seeing the before pics. I love how you arranged it! What do you have in the drawers in your group area, your storage or is it for the children to take out? What's on the science shelf? And under the cover, is that the sand/sensory table? Is everything out or do you rotate manipulatives throughout the year? What about art? Looks like you only have the one table and no easel. In homeliving, is that a shoe bag hanging & on what? I have a small room too and I really am impressed with what you accomplished! Hope you have a great year!

24. LittleDuckie

LittleDuckie Rookie

Sep 16, 2007

EVERYTHING within little hand range is for the kids to take out! Other people at my school cover their centers. I thought about covering them and only opening when I want the kids to use the stuff but I really lucked out with my kids! They ALL play TOGETHER! I'll have like 7 kids plaing in housekeeping, or all 7 in blocks, or all 7 reading books. I can't get them to stop, so I figured it make clean up easy, everyone played the same thing! As for my science center, that I did cover I'll uncover mostlikly next month, on the shelf I have puzzle with magnet ends (homegoods) test tubes (oriental trading), color paddles (small ones from oriental trading) shells (bed bath and beyond) large ball magnet and rods, animal fact cards, and stuffed animals. As for the table I wanted somewhere for the kids to sit, and the table I had in their had mold in it! So I found a super cute chalk table at biglots for $30! I cover it to protect the surface. I'm going to be spliting it to make a science/computer center. I have everythign out for the year, bring "highlighted" toys for each theme. I have peelable plastic food that I used for health and nutrition. As for my art center, I knew I had little room and I figured, when will the kids use art alone? So I turned the one cabinet into my art center. The one thing I don't like about my room is the 1 large table, i'd much rather have 2 smaller tables! As for housekeeping...it is a hanging shoe bag! It's on a $20 garment rack I got at bed bath and beyond. I works great! And on the other side I have a "giving tree" where I write anything I might need for the classroom. It took me a total of 2 days to set up my room! The 1st day was teacher planning so I had meetings, but with my mom's help and a saturday of no pay I pulled it off! I think it all paid off! I love being in my room...and I think the kids do too! If you have any other questions just let me know!

25. jlj

jlj Devotee

Sep 16, 2007

How old did you say yours are? You have 7 children right now? What is your class limit? Do you have a curriculum that requires any "seatwork" or "worksheets"?
    Again, great job! Thanks for sharing!

26. LittleDuckie

LittleDuckie Rookie

Sep 17, 2007

I have older 2's and young 3's...everyone will be 3 by December. I have 14 rostered to my class but no more then 10 students a day. Mondays are my busy day, all 10 come! But the rest of the week I average 7 or 8 students. I'm very lucky my curriculum is very open, I just have to reach a certain number of teaching goals, some of which are way out there, but as long as I try I'm good. My school doesn't like us to do worksheets so any "sitting work" thats done is normally a art project, or maybe a science project...everything else is more "learning play" which is great!