Preschool PRAXIS

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by LaurenNJ, Jan 15, 2009.

1. LaurenNJ

LaurenNJ Rookie

Jan 15, 2009

I have my K-5 and special ed. certification. A new NJ law just passed stating that there is going to be mandatory preschool in sept. I would like to be able to teach preschool therefore I must take the early childhood praxis. Has anyone ever taken this? Was it easier/harder/same than the elem. ed. praxis?

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 15, 2009

You're likely to find some discussion of this on the Multiple Subject Tests subforum under Examinations for Teachers.

4. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Jan 16, 2009

I took the Early Childhood one last spring. I think it was like #22 Early Childhood Content Knowledge, or similar. I've not taken the elem. ed. one, but from friends' comments, the early childhood is probably easier (definitely faster). I would study up on child development theories and theorists, especially if you haven't had a lot in your classes. Also study your math and literacy concepts, those are the largest part of the test. The one I took had questions dealing with up to third grade--there was few pre-k questions. I was a little perplexed . . . my degree is up to K, but I passed it with no problem.