Preschool directors... I have some questions s

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by arielhunter, Jun 22, 2011.

1. arielhunter

arielhunter New Member

Jun 22, 2011

Hi there,

I'm taking an online class and I need to interview a director. Unfortunately, it's a shortened class, and I can't find the time (or a sitter) to go out and schedule an interview. (Actually I did, but it was cancelled at the last minute and now I'm desperate) If you would like to answer these questions, I would be so grateful. I welcome multiple people to respond, as I am very interested in this subject. (I'm thinking of opening my own family daycare business) Thank you in advance.

Ariel

Name of director: (I don't expect you to give me this information, if you don't wish)
    Name of center: (same as above)

1. What do you feel are the five most important character traits that a Director must possess in order to be successful?

2. Do you feel that you are a successful Director? Why or why not?

3. What is the most difficult part of your job?

4. If you could change two things about the Director job at this center what would it be?

5. How long have you held this position?

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jun 22, 2011

Name of director: (I don't expect you to give me this information, if you don't wish)
    Name of center: (same as above)

1. What do you feel are the five most important character traits that a Director must possess in order to be successful?
    1. Patience 2. Knowledge of ECE 3. Have a phylosopy of education 4. Management skills 5. Multitasker

2. Do you feel that you are a successful Director? Why or why not? Yes. I spent a lot of time training my staff. I shared my understanding of child development and stages of development based upon Piaget. I evaluated staff, mentored staff, and talked with them weekly about their teaching and issues of the children.

3. What is the most difficult part of your job?
    Teachers who do not know ECE or DAP.

4. If you could change two things about the Director job at this center what would it be?
    Pay and quality of staff

5. How long have you held this position?
    I have been a director of day cares for over 35 years. This last job, 2 years.

4. teacherR

teacherR Companion

Jun 28, 2011

1. I think that you need, thick skin, good listening skills, patience, good reasoning skills, and a love for young children.

2. I think that I must be because my families stick with me and refer other families to me.:) I also think that I try and listen to everyones opinions and make well informed decisions for my whole team. I love working with young kids and value them as the little people that they are and that is what makes me good at my job.

3. Managing adults. Not always fun.

4. I have to say that I love where I work and they treat me very well. I would probably, in a make believe world, change the location because I do commute kind of far. I would also change the pay rate for my teachers.

5. I have been in my current position for 4 years.

5. arielhunter

arielhunter New Member

Jul 5, 2011

Thank you so much! This was a great help!