Preschool dilemma

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by preschoolgal, Oct 22, 2007.

1. preschoolgal

preschoolgal Rookie

Oct 22, 2007

This year I seem to be having a hard time getting through to my class. Keep in mind we have 10 kids that came back from last year and know the rules and what we have taught them last year. That makes it hard because they are at a completely different level than the other half of the class. We have tried everything we can think of from large group instruction to even breaking them down into groups based upon skill level. Nothing seems to be working and we are at our wits end. They do not treat classroom materials they way they should be treated, they are mean to each other, they are in no way paying attention...am I just that boring?? I am doing the same things I did last year, but for some reason it isn't working. We have a Chinese girl in our class that does not speak hardly any English and she is doing better than the rest of the class. We have kids that look directly at us when we ask them to do something and they still just stand there with a blank stare on their face. HELP!!! Any suggestions???