Preparing for a Job Fair

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by gutterballjen, Jul 19, 2012.

1. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Jul 19, 2012

I was invited to a job fair for a really large district this weekend. This afternoon, I called the HR department to find out how many elementary schools will be there. The lady said that any school that has an opening, and there are over 200 of them in this district! How many copies of my resume should I bring? Ideally, I'd bring 200, but that is going to get really expensive.

Also, should I wear my interview suit to the job fair?

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it!

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jul 20, 2012

It shouldn't be that expensive. E-mail them to yourself and go to your university and print them out in the library/computer lab if it's too much money.

Also, in my experience, many schools who are supposed to be there don't show up so I wouldn't get my hopes to high.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2012

I would print that and a few more. You never know what could put you over the edge and get you that interview/job. And yes, I would wear professional clothes.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2012

I would definitely wear your suit.

I probably wouldn't print 200 as you won't have time to visit that many places. Do a little research on the schools in the district to see who will most likely be there.

6. novaguy1968

novaguy1968 MS English Educator

Jul 20, 2012

I think it's better to be overprepared.

7. 3littlemonkeys

3littlemonkeys Comrade

Jul 20, 2012

I agree. I prepared 100 packets for the job fair I went to...I didn't come close to even using half of those. But I had no idea of the format (schools? districts?) as no info was provided ahead of time. I was glad not to worry that I'd run out, and I have plenty of materials on hand now if I need them...better more than not enough.