Prep Course for CSET P.E.

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by JasperLou2, Jul 16, 2015.

1. JasperLou2

JasperLou2 New Member

Jul 16, 2015

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a prep course for my CSET in PE?
    I visited csettutoing and they seem to be the best. But they are expensive. Does anyone have any experience with them?

3. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Jul 17, 2015

Not with that particular company, but I am enrolled in a prep course for an exam I have to take for my Ohio licensure. I took the class that preps students for the test 5+ years ago. I needed the extra assistance. Expensive? Yes. Worth it. I think so. It depends on how much studying time outside the session you put in.

4. JasperLou2

JasperLou2 New Member

Jul 17, 2015

Thanks Tiki, I have been milling around online for a few days and I haven't really found anything that compares to the csettutoring site I was on. Thank you for your thoughts.

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 17, 2015

What's your background in PE, JasperLou2?

6. JasperLou2

JasperLou2 New Member

Jul 18, 2015

I have a bachelors in Psychology and a masters in Forensic Science. I was an athlete in high school and college and I have coached for over 10 years. My wife is a teacher and I have always wanted to teach and I figured that this was a good section for me. Any advice on my CSET prep Course?

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 18, 2015

I'm not familiar with that company.

Sounds like you have acquired a lot of hands-on experience in ways that may not have equipped you with the technical terminology of the field. You're not alone in that, to be sure. I'd recommend starting with California's content standards in PE - go to www.cde.ca.gov and look under Curriculum and Instruction, if there isn't an obvious link on the home page - and use that as a source of formal names for the stuff you already know. Regional and state associations of teachers of PE, including HPERD and its regional, state, and local branches, are likely to have helpful information. You might even visit the nearest CSU bookstore to see what books are required for PE teacher pedagogy coursework.

8. JasperLou2

JasperLou2 New Member

Jul 18, 2015

Thanks! I'll take a look at it. I am not familiar with the company either. I spoke to them via online chat and they seem like a stand up company. It is just a lot of money and I want to make sure its the best choice for passing the exam. Thanks again for your help!

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 19, 2015

"Rolling your own" - constructing your own annotated glossary - could get you farther.